DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Is it Possible...? Feature Request (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/487525-possible-feature-request.html)

Tim Polster November 15th, 2010 12:05 PM

Is it Possible...? Feature Request

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to display a recording indocator like a red dot via the Nanoflash output?

I use the Nanoflash to record video via the HD-SDI from the camera but I use the HDMI output from the Nanoflash for monitoring.

Is there a way to add this recording "red dot" to the image output from the Nanoflash? It would be great to have recording confirmation on the preview monitor instead of needing to look at the Nano screen which is pointed away from what I am shooting.

Thanks

Andy Mangrum November 15th, 2010 01:32 PM

Screen Tally / Solution

Hello

This is Andy with Convergent Design,

With the Current Release and the beta release, if you turn on E to E Direct which is found under the Video menu, and turn on Screen Tally, you will see a Red bar across the bottom of the screen to indicate when the unit is recording.

This is Displayed on the SDI Out as well as on the HDMI Out

Hope That Helps

Adam Stanislav November 15th, 2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Mangrum (Post 1588284)
This is Displayed on the SDI Out as well as on the HDMI Out

Can it be optionally turned off, please?

Dan Keaton November 15th, 2010 07:05 PM

Dear Adam,

Are you working with a nanoFlash or Flash XDR?

I heard today that we had a problem with our Flash XDR firmware, the Public Beta, in that the Video|Screen Tally stayed on when E to E Direct was on.

I have personally not received a report about this staying on, in the nanoFlash version of the firmware, but it is certainly a possiblity.

Do you have Video|Screen Tally on or off? (Off should turn it off)

Andrew Stone November 15th, 2010 11:16 PM

I just want to pipe in and say, I really like the thin red "record" bar just above the bottom of the screen. Great tally solution. You can't miss it and it doesn't interfere with framing decisions.

Adam Stanislav November 16th, 2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1588394)
Dear Adam,

Are you working with a nanoFlash or Flash XDR?

I was just asking. I have a nanoFlash, but have not used it for a while (I have to take care of my health before I can get back to shooting anything), and simply wanted to know whether there is an option to turn the record bar off.

Dan Keaton November 16th, 2010 09:06 AM

Dear Adam,

I am sorry that you are not in a position to shoot.

I hope you get better soon.

Yes, the Video|Screen Tally option can be set off, as desired.

But, in this Public Beta, for the Flash XDR, at least, we seem to have a problem in that it can not be turned off. I do not know, at this time, if this also affects the nanoFlash.

In either case, we will have this problem fixed prior to the Production Level firmware is released.

Tim Polster November 16th, 2010 09:32 AM

Thanks for your replies and for already adding this feature.

I need to update my firmware.

Dan Keaton November 16th, 2010 09:38 AM

Dear Tim,

At this time, 1.6.29 is the "Production Level" firmware.

1.6.226 is our Public Beta, in case you want to test the new features.

Andy Mangrum November 16th, 2010 12:18 PM

Screen Tally Turn OFF nanoFlash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav (Post 1588371)
Can it be optionally turned off, please?

Hey Adam,

As Dan mentioned before, it can be turned off by deselecting "Screen Tally" or Turning OFF E to E mode,

Which both are under the Video menu,

As well as the XDR Issue is Isolated to only XDR, It works Just fine in the last release 1.6.29 as well as in the beta 1.6.226

Best Regards

Adam Stanislav November 16th, 2010 01:02 PM

Thank you, Dan and Andy.