DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Got the NanoFlash...and I'm confused (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/487636-got-nanoflash-im-confused.html)

Scott Kilian November 17th, 2010 08:51 PM

Got the NanoFlash...and I'm confused

OK, First off, I'm a shooter, not an edtior. I shoot with a Sony F900, and a Panasonic Varicam. Both tape cameras.

I hook up the NanoFlash and it records the video (still need to figure out the proper settings in the menu's). I can play out of the box into my monitor and I can view the footage. Cool!

Now, when I download the files to my Mac, I'm not sure how to go about opening these files. Quickbooks? I upgraded to QB7 Pro, downloaded the MPEG-2 plugin, and I still cannot open these files. I get a message box stating "Additional Software is required for QuickTime to playback this media".

I click Continue, and it takes me to a page that offers 11 options.

So, I ask you NanoFlash Pro's. WTF am I doing that I cannot open these files?

Thanks, and sorry for the Noob question.

Dan Keaton November 18th, 2010 02:02 AM

Dear Scott,

I have just sent you an email with my email address and phone number.

We provide support 24/7.

By QuickBooks, I believe you are actually referring to the Apple Quicktime Player.

If you record in the nanoFlash at 35 Mbps, Long-GOP, both in the Video Menu, you can use the Quicktime Player.

If you have Apple Final Cut Pro, then you can also use the Quicktime Player for all of our bit-rates.

Please call me, or send me your phone number and I will assist you in getting the best out of your new nanoFlash.

You can also use this link to load the VLC Media Player to play your files:

VideoLAN - VLC media player for Mac OS X

Please note that while the above plays the files, in past versions have not shown our files in the very best quality. You can play our video files with this free, very versatile video player, but please do not judge the quality of our footage with this player.

Robin Probyn November 18th, 2010 06:40 AM

I can play my nano files at 50 Mbps on quicktime.. I dont have FCP..?

Dan Keaton November 18th, 2010 07:16 AM

Dear Robin,

Apple Quicktime Player, including the Pro Version, does not include the XDCam 4:2:2 codec.

But, it does include the XDCam EX 4:2:0 (35 Mbps) codec.

So, if Final Cut Pro is not installed on the same computer, the proper codec does not exist.

And, our 50 Mbps and above files will not work.

I am not certain, but the Calibrated Software codec may work.

Robin, did you ever have Final Cut Pro on your computer?

Scott Kilian November 18th, 2010 09:23 AM

Quickbooks? sheesh, yes I meant quicktime. Dan, thanks. Appreciate the 24/7 service. I'll be in touch.

Robin Probyn November 19th, 2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1589268)
Dear Robin,

Apple Quicktime Player, including the Pro Version, does not include the XDCam 4:2:2 codec.

But, it does include the XDCam EX 4:2:0 (35 Mbps) codec.

So, if Final Cut Pro is not installed on the same computer, the proper codec does not exist.

And, our 50 Mbps and above files will not work.

I am not certain, but the Calibrated Software codec may work.

Robin, did you ever have Final Cut Pro on your computer?

Yes I downloaded something from Calibrated.. that must be it..

Thanks

Dan Keaton November 23rd, 2010 03:19 PM

Dear Friends,

I was able to assist Scott today.