DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   CF Card Error UDMA4:2000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/487683-cf-card-error-udma4-2000-a.html)

Jeff DePonte November 18th, 2010 02:02 PM

CF Card Error UDMA4:2000

Hi Dan,

I dug up an old SanDisk Ultra II 1.0GB CF card out of my Nikon gear bag, in the hope that it could be used as an updater/config saver card for my Nano. But, when I insert it into the Nano, I get this message in the Nano's window:

UDMA4:2000

...and I can't even get to the "format card" screen.

Does this mean that this card can't be used at all in the Nano?

Many thanks,

Jeff

Dan Keaton November 18th, 2010 03:30 PM

Dear Jeff,

Your old SanDisk Ultra II 1.0GB CF is not a card that we have qualified for use with the nanoFlash.

This old card is not a UDMA card and does not meet the performance requirements to work in the nanoFlash.

During the format process in the nanoFlash, besides formatting the card, we test the card.

The UDMA4:2000 error indicates that it did not pass our performance tests.

Thus, it can not be used in the nanoFlash.

We keep a list of qualified cards on our website:

Media | Convergent Design

Luben Izov November 18th, 2010 03:45 PM

Hello Dan,
Does this mean that CF cards with 1Gb/2Gb/4Gb/8Gb would not work at all? Do you have a list what kind of CF card of the above size would qualify for that task. It is very pricy to use 32Gb CF card for settings that are only a few Kb., but if their is none, well , so be it....
Cheers

John Richard November 18th, 2010 05:09 PM

I wonder if most UDMA rated cards would work for the config files only (no recording or playback).

Dan Keaton November 18th, 2010 06:00 PM

Dear Richard.

We do not test the lower capacity cards.

Generally, a lower capacity card, of the same type and brand will probably work for config files.

Thus a 4 GB SanDisk Extreme III card, for example, should work fine.

Dan Keaton November 18th, 2010 08:06 PM

Dear Luben,

Sorry, but I did not see your post earlier.

For Config files, I would recommend a low capacity card of the same brand/type of a qualified card.

Luben Izov November 18th, 2010 08:24 PM

Thank you Dan! No worries, I thought that your reply to John was actually directed to all of us and it is.
Thank you for the clarification.
Cheers

Jeff DePonte November 18th, 2010 11:22 PM

Cheapest I can find is $25 for 4GB

Dan,

You think this would work?

Duracell High Speed 4 GB 300X USB 2.0 Compact Flash Card Card UDMA

Jeff

Dan Keaton November 19th, 2010 12:54 AM

Dear Jeff,

Yes, I do feel that that card will work as a "Config" card.

We have not tested this card, however, but it has UDMA, and 300x speed according to the spec.

But, it says "USB 2.0" which is just strange as CompactFlash cards themselves do not have a USB 2.0 interface, their card readers may.

Overall, it may work.

Andy Mangrum November 22nd, 2010 12:04 PM

CF Card Support

Hello

We have tested multiple lower performing Compact Flash Card's, And for use with our newly added Config Files, or for doing product updates. Transcends (133x or Higher 2GB,4GB,8GB) work just fine as well as San Disk Extreme 3, 4GB. and Lexar 4GB 300x. As for the Various CF Card's out there it is hard to say if we will for sure work. I would keep in mind the following.

Minimum Requirements:
133x or 15MB(s) Minimum
UDMA Support
233x or 300x May be More likely to work.
Also when trying a new CF card Format it in a PC FAT32 Before insertion.

Best Regards

Jeff DePonte November 22nd, 2010 12:27 PM

Andy,

Thanks for the info. I wish that I could rename this thread to reflect your post. I think a lot of folks will want to have a cheap, small capacity card for config files. Your post goes a long way to helping me find a suitable card.

Again, thanks!

Jeff

Andy Mangrum November 22nd, 2010 12:50 PM

CF Card Support

Hello Jeff

No Problem, Glad I can be of Assistance

In the near future we will address this with various config file Configuration's For people to download,

Best Regards

John Richard November 22nd, 2010 07:52 PM

"Various Downloadable Config files"...

That would be simply awesome! and so very helpful to those either not setting up the nano / XDR every day or those using a multitude of the various configurations we've been given.

This is just a wonderful future feature!!!!
Thanks CD for doing the trial and error work for us.