new firmware posted for nano3D, nanoFlash, Flash XDR, nanoFlash ASI - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old December 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Dear Billy,

I agree 100%.

I have not personally tested this, but I think that when one inserts a card with a Menuxx.stg file, a config file, our firmware detects this, this presents some options on the screen. This menu may be what is preventing you from playing back any files.

I think we should allow you to do what you are requesting. I will need to discuss this with our engineers prior to making any promises.

I am very happy that our Hot Swapping worked for you.

Please note that we now have 128 GB cards available, so regardless of which bit-rate you use, we have just doubled the uninterrupted record times.

Our testing with the cards went very well yesterday.

Billy, thank you for your support.
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #32
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Menu.stg / Create Settings.txt

Hello Billy,

We can definitely see the usefulness in being able to still use the Compact Flash Cards, with these functions, Especially create settings.txt

Originally for the Menu.stg, the concept was that you would have a companion 2GB Compact Flash Card, with all of your Desired profiles,Which would be used simply for Loading desired settings and for Doing Updates as needed.

This sort of change may take some time to complete, but it is added to the list of desired features.

Best Regards

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey