DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   nanoFlash Mounting Bracket Improvements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/491059-nanoflash-mounting-bracket-improvements.html)

Ronald Jackson February 1st, 2011 11:13 AM

nanoFlash Mounting Bracket Improvements

I have a one of Olav Eckbergh's brackets purchased via nanoFlash. net.

A nice piece of kit except that it is a bit too cramped for use with a XLH1. Difficult accessing the battery and crucially the SDI , Timecode and Audio sockets at least with man sized fingers.

Please supply either a longer "wing", plus one inch ought to be okay, or a wing extension. Maybe even consider mounting the wing on the opposite side of the camera.

The nanoFlash itself only has a single 1/4 inch mounting socket, room for improvements here, e.g. two 1/4 inch sockets.

Ron

Harry Bromley-Davenport February 2nd, 2011 07:52 PM

Hi Ronald,

Can you get progressive out of the XLH1 SDI port using the NanoFlash?

Harry

Gints Klimanis February 3rd, 2011 05:29 PM

Agreed. In the current configuration, the bracket asks for a tool to connect the SDI cable. I'm looking into getting one of those SDI connector extenders. Personally, I'd prefer that the Nano is mounted on a wing on the backside of the camcorder.

Dan Keaton February 3rd, 2011 07:34 PM

Dear Harry,

Yes, the nanoFlash can output progressive.

We have an option, to output a progressively recording file as true progressive or PSF, your choice.

If one records a file in interlaced, then we do not have a function to output that as progressive.

Harry Bromley-Davenport February 3rd, 2011 07:40 PM

Thanks, Dan. You are a spectacular responder to these questions and you told me yesterday evening that you personally own an XLH1 and it does well for you.

If only every company had someone like you responding to questions. Convergent Design is fortunate to have an emissary who generates such goodwill.

Best wishes,

Harry.

Dan Keaton February 6th, 2011 08:01 AM

Dear Harry,

Wow, thank you for the nice complement!

Yes, I have personally owned an XL H1 since 2006. And we have XL H1 and XL H1s in our lab.

I still feel that is a wonderful camera, especially with a nanoFlash. Of course, there are many outstanding cameras to choose from today.

For many years I was one Drag Boat Racing teams. Two Top Alcohol Hydro's and multiple Top Fuel Hydro's. In fact, I bought my XL H1 to record our boat.

It was always frustating to me that if we had a problem or needed support, some manufacturers would be open and others would be closed.

While our teams carried almost everything we could ever need, at times we would go through a lot of parts. Once or twice I needed technical support for our data acquisition systems during a race weekend.

I never want any of our customers to be on a shoot, or preparing for a shoot, and not be able to get an answer.

The following link lists all of my phone numbers, including my Skype number:

Support Contacts | Convergent Design

At times I travel and thus I am out of touch due to airline rules or lack of service.

Lance Librandi February 7th, 2011 01:24 AM

Well the things you learn on this site. Dan I am also a Drag Racing Junkie from way back producing and operating the center line start camera for FTA television. Top Fuel I love it always makes me cry.

Ronald Jackson February 7th, 2011 03:35 AM

Now about that mounting bracket - - - - -

Dan Keaton February 7th, 2011 07:28 AM

Dear Ron,

I will alert Olof to the problem. We may have a simple solution.