nanoFlash Mounting Bracket Improvements at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Major Player

nanoFlash Mounting Bracket Improvements

I have a one of Olav Eckbergh's brackets purchased via nanoFlash. net.

A nice piece of kit except that it is a bit too cramped for use with a XLH1. Difficult accessing the battery and crucially the SDI , Timecode and Audio sockets at least with man sized fingers.

Please supply either a longer "wing", plus one inch ought to be okay, or a wing extension. Maybe even consider mounting the wing on the opposite side of the camera.

The nanoFlash itself only has a single 1/4 inch mounting socket, room for improvements here, e.g. two 1/4 inch sockets.

Ron

Last edited by Ronald Jackson; February 1st, 2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: forgot a socket
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Ronald,

Can you get progressive out of the XLH1 SDI port using the NanoFlash?

Harry
Harry Bromley-Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Agreed. In the current configuration, the bracket asks for a tool to connect the SDI cable. I'm looking into getting one of those SDI connector extenders. Personally, I'd prefer that the Nano is mounted on a wing on the backside of the camcorder.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Harry,

Yes, the nanoFlash can output progressive.

We have an option, to output a progressively recording file as true progressive or PSF, your choice.

If one records a file in interlaced, then we do not have a function to output that as progressive.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks, Dan. You are a spectacular responder to these questions and you told me yesterday evening that you personally own an XLH1 and it does well for you.

If only every company had someone like you responding to questions. Convergent Design is fortunate to have an emissary who generates such goodwill.

Best wishes,

Harry.
Harry Bromley-Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Dear Harry,

Wow, thank you for the nice complement!

Yes, I have personally owned an XL H1 since 2006. And we have XL H1 and XL H1s in our lab.

I still feel that is a wonderful camera, especially with a nanoFlash. Of course, there are many outstanding cameras to choose from today.

For many years I was one Drag Boat Racing teams. Two Top Alcohol Hydro's and multiple Top Fuel Hydro's. In fact, I bought my XL H1 to record our boat.

It was always frustating to me that if we had a problem or needed support, some manufacturers would be open and others would be closed.

While our teams carried almost everything we could ever need, at times we would go through a lot of parts. Once or twice I needed technical support for our data acquisition systems during a race weekend.

I never want any of our customers to be on a shoot, or preparing for a shoot, and not be able to get an answer.

The following link lists all of my phone numbers, including my Skype number:

Support Contacts | Convergent Design

At times I travel and thus I am out of touch due to airline rules or lack of service.
Old February 7th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #7
Major Player

Well the things you learn on this site. Dan I am also a Drag Racing Junkie from way back producing and operating the center line start camera for FTA television. Top Fuel I love it always makes me cry.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #8
Major Player

Now about that mounting bracket - - - - -
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Dear Ron,

I will alert Olof to the problem. We may have a simple solution.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey