nanoFlash Recording 1080p,Playback 1080i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Major Player

nanoFlash Recording 1080p,Playback 1080i

I have a couple of CF cards with footage recorded at 220mbps and 180mbps respectively. Tonight when I played back from the nano to compare the same footage recorded to tape, even though the nano reads 1080p25 and either 180M or 220M the image quality is poor on my 1080p projector. I checked the input signal and according to the projector this is 1080 50i. I tried with three different HDMI cables, still the same.

I then connected the nano to my 1080p monitor, and,similar to the projector, the signal per the nano is different to the signal being received by the monitor, again 1080p versus 1080i.

I know there is nothing wring with the 220 mbps footage when it was recorded as I checked soon afterwards on my monitor and got a 1080 25p input reading.

This seems to have happened only since I installed 1.6.248. I wonder if there is a connection?

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Dear Ronald,

Please check your Video|Play Prog>PSF.

I do not know if the footage was recorded properly (if it was progressive, and Video|Record PSF>Prog was on).

Please try both settings of Video|Play Prog>PSF.

The correct setting depends on how it was recorded as interlaced or progessive and whether the signal from the camera was truely interlaced or progressive.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Dan.
Now okay although interestingly (or not) my (cheapo) monitor shows "1080p 24HZ" as the input signal whereas my projector (not so cheap) has 2:2 pulldown to enable input of the 25p signal.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey