nanoFlash and Sony F3 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old July 4th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #16
New Boot

Re: nanoFlash and Sony F3

also when making movies you don't need many hours of footage. for example last full length future film i made footage was just 4 hour and i was shooting 30 days. sorry for my English guys!!!:)
David Imedashvili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #17
Trustee

So, assuming 24 fps, by your chart you would have needed eleven 250 GB drives, which would cost about $5,000 - $6,000. NanoFlash costs a lot less!
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #18
New Boot

per Hour 450 GB.for 4 hour i need 8 250GB SSD also I didn't it all together. after every shooting day i will transfer it editing system or external raid so i need just two ssd. i think so it will be ok. if not say and i will not buy it. Crucial Technology 256GB RealSSD C300 2.5" SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive - $394.00.
David Imedashvili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #19
Trustee

You do what you think is best to you. But I am not jumping on the HyperDeck Shuttle bandwagon yet. The hidden costs are way too much for me. Plus, if I wanted uncompressed, I would want 4:4:4. Better yet, the ideal device would be compressed but using a non-lossy compression. Until that happens, nanoFlash is the way to go as far as I am concerned.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #20
New Boot

Yes I Agree about Uncompressed heavy bit rate. I don't know what to do.NanoFlash is great but it is not low cost. I all ready have one of NanoFlash. also nano is 8 bit. maybe Atomos Samurai will be good solution, but i don't like this touch screen. :))) so need good suggestion. I need Gemini for 2k. :)))
David Imedashvili is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey