DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   VLC Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/493752-vlc-audio.html)

Robin Probyn March 29th, 2011 03:12 AM

VLC Audio

Hi there

Shot an interview with nano set to MXF (first time not QT) as the editor was using Avid. Shot 50Mbps LongGOP 1080/60i MXF
All fine no problems with Avid.Just at home on my Mac down loaded to desktop it plays with VLC player,lastest version.. but no audio.. just a sec of distorted.

Why would that be.. audio fine on the avid ..

Thanks

Dan Keaton March 29th, 2011 06:17 AM

Re: VLC Audio

Dear Robin,

Could you please provide the VLC version number?

Since it plays fine on Avid, and probably plays fine in the nanoFlash, I assume that this is a VLC problem.

The VLC Media Player is updated quite frequently.

Robin Probyn March 29th, 2011 07:00 AM

Hi Dan

Its the latest version as of today.Yes no problem with the footage at all.Just wondering why no audio on VLC? havnt had alot of joy with this player in general have to say..

Dan Keaton March 29th, 2011 07:15 AM

Dear Robin,

Could you please provide us with a VLC Media Player "Version Number"?

This number is listed in Help|About

Simon Wood March 29th, 2011 03:24 PM

I'm on a PC.
VLC plays MXF files fine (video & audio) on the PC.
However I noticed the VLC was unable to play audio when I tried a MOV (@50mbs), but the video was fine.

VLC V1.1.7

Robin Probyn March 29th, 2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1632908)
Dear Robin,

Could you please provide us with a VLC Media Player "Version Number"?

This number is listed in Help|About

Its 1.1.8 version.Video plays fine but no audio..

Thanks

Andy Mangrum March 30th, 2011 08:47 AM

Hello Robin,

For Playing MXF file on the Mac, Sony XDCAM Transfer is a much Better tool.

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...el-PDZKP1.aspx

Best Regards

Gints Klimanis March 30th, 2011 03:23 PM

VLC seems to have revisions that play the audio from MXF files for about one second. If the time line is clicked during playback, it's the same thing . So, the audio is clearly there. I'm currently testing with 1.1.5 on WinXP SP2 and 1.1.7 on Max OSX 10.6.7, and both have the audio problem.

Robin Probyn March 30th, 2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Mangrum (Post 1633282)
Hello Robin,

For Playing MXF file on the Mac, Sony XDCAM Transfer is a much Better tool.

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...el-PDZKP1.aspx

Best Regards

Hi Andy

Thanks.. I dont have FCP.. will that still work..? tried down loading.. site doesnt work..?

Robin Probyn March 30th, 2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis (Post 1633402)
VLC seems to have revisions that play the audio from MXF files for about one second. If the time line is clicked during playback, it's the same thing . So, the audio is clearly there. I'm currently testing with 1.1.5 on WinXP SP2 and 1.1.7 on Max OSX 10.6.7, and both have the audio problem.

Yes exactly the same problem..

John McCully March 31st, 2011 02:26 PM

I have the same problem with version 1.1.8. Earlier versions seem unable to play 60p footage. So I'm watching this thread with considerable interest!

I7 920 @ 2.67 GHz 4 GB ram Windows 7 64 bit.

Andy Mangrum April 1st, 2011 11:27 AM

Hello Robin,

We have not tried this on a System that does not Have Final Cut Pro Installed,

But since it is a standalone Program everything should work except for the Export to Final Cut Pro function,

As for the Links You do have to register, then you can download.

Hope That Helps

Robin Probyn April 1st, 2011 06:35 PM

Thanks Andy

The site doesnt seem to open properly.. many box,s with a little blue question mark.. not sure where I have to register.. dont have any Sony products except for digibeta camera from way back..

Would be simpler if the VLC would just play sound :)

Billy Steinberg April 1st, 2011 09:51 PM

Are you, per chance, using Safari?

When I tried to download it with Safari on the Mac, I ran into the same exact problems you did. Site behaved very badly and it was impossible to ever get the file to download. Today I tried again after seeing Andy's message about just needing to join (I was already a member from a previous time), since I figured he tried again and verified it worked.

When it again didn't work (same missing pictures and generally messed up site response), I tried downloading it using the Chrome browser, and everything worked exactly as expected, and I grabbed the latest version. I didn't try with Firefox, but I bet that will work too.

YMMV

Billy

Robin Probyn April 2nd, 2011 05:44 AM

Thanks Billy

Sony site doesnt work with Safari..?? enough said .. P2 here I come.. :)