Independent Codec Comparisons - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 31st, 2011, 06:25 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Independent Codec Comparisons

I think my problem (and it is my problem, ha!) is the use of the word "detail" in the original post... it says, "Thus, the more detail that one can see in these images, the less fidelity to the comparison image"

I read that as implying the better/more detail you can see, the less 'close' it is to the comparison image (the standard set). I guess what is meant by detail is really noise, making detail 'bad'. Because I too see that 280 mbps looks the closest to the comparison image and has the 'most' detail. I don't know if the original wording was wrong or my brain is wired backwards! :^D

Short story long, it appears obvious that 280 mbps is the best. Which is what I'll shoot for my critical stuff.
Buck Forester is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey