DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Audio Settings, nanoFlash and XLH1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/494518-audio-settings-nanoflash-xlh1.html)

Ronald Jackson April 13th, 2011 06:54 AM

Audio Settings, nanoFlash and XLH1

Please can someone remind me what these should be, on/in the camera, and on/in the nanoFlash.

I am using a Audiotechnica AT897 shotgun mike (mono) attached to a rear XLR terminal.

All was okay until I had to reset my settings post the last nano firmware update.

No problem in recording audio to tape,

Ron

Ronan Fournier April 13th, 2011 07:04 AM

Re: Audio Settings, nanoFlash and XLH1

In the audio menu of the Nano, you have to set the input audio to "Analog".

Ronald Jackson April 13th, 2011 10:40 AM

Thanks Ronan, I've done that but no audio,

Ron

Andy Mangrum April 13th, 2011 11:35 AM

Hello Ronald,

Is your mic directly plugged into the Camera or the nanoFlash? also do you have phantom power on to power the mic? or is it battery powered?

If the Mic is connected into your camera, you must enable it in the camera, to use the external Mic, and set the nanoFlash for Embedded Audio.

If the Mic is connected into your nanoFlash, it must either be battery powered, or come from a sound board, since the nanoFlash cannot supply +40V threw the 3.5mm jack, then the nanoFlash would be set for Analog, and under analog settings you can adjust the Gain in, Gain out only applied to the headphone out, not the recording,

Best Regards

Ronan Fournier April 13th, 2011 11:36 AM

I suppose that you are sure of your connections (RCA ouput on the XLH1 to mini-jack in put on the Nano).

Here are my audio settings with my XLH1 (original version)

In : Analog
In the Analog Settings menu of the Nano : Mix In should be Stereo Unbal, PreAmp 0db, Gain In -4db, Gain Out 0,3959db.

Record channels 2
Monitor channels 1 & 2

Hope this helps…

Ronald Jackson April 13th, 2011 12:37 PM

Thanks chaps. Will give it a go tomorrow. Just returned from the local (pub) so best to wait a while,

Ron

Ronald Jackson April 14th, 2011 07:20 AM

Got it working although according to the nano display only recording to one channel but as I'm using a mono mike presumably no problem.

Ron

Ronald Jackson April 14th, 2011 07:38 AM

Find I get no output from either audio in/out socket on the XLH1 if I plug in the red of the two, red and white jacks on the 3.5mm stereo cable. If I plug the white jack in, then I get output from both sockets, i.e. I can plug white into white or white into red and get output.

If, however, I plug the yellow jack (sounds like a disease I know) into either the white or red socket along with the white jack in the opposite jack I get output on both channels per the nano display.

Thus the red jack does not work, the red and yellow work either individually or in tandem.

Anyway, it works!

Ron