Disappointing Delkin at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Disappointing Delkin

Just FYI, I have a practically new Delkin 450x 64GB card that is not consistently capable of recording 220 mbits/sec I-frame. I bought it with the intent of recording at this data rate, but the nano occasionally says that it's too slow and bumps it back to 180. So if you're thinking about buying one, you may want to consider another brand. I don't think I'd buy one again.

Cheers,
Eric
Eric Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Disappointing Delkin

Dear Eric,

That could be the Delkin CompactFlash card, or in all fairness, it could be our problem, in other words a problem with the nanoFlash.

And, it can also be that that card was not formatted in the nanoFlash prior to starting the shoot.

I asked our engineers to test a specific condition yesterday. I had a report of a "Lost Footage, Card too slow" message that I believe was bogus.

I do not have a report back from them.

Eric, please send me an email, or call me, and I will ensure that your Delkin card is replaced promptly.
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Disappointing Delkin

Dan,

Many thanks for looking into this. The card was properly formatted and the nano threw the same error that you describe (too slow, lost footage..). Maybe I was too hasty in blaming the card?

Anyhow, it's VERY kind of you to offer a replacement. I'll email you offline to discuss further.

Thanks again,
Eric
Eric Liner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey