HD-SDI and HDMI simultaneous output?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:14 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: HD-SDI and HDMI simultaneous output??

Dear Martin,

I am sorry for the delay in responding, I was traveling all day.

This gets a little complicated:

Your camera, may output 24 over 60. Thus it appears to a monitor as 1080i60 with 3:2 pulldown added.

Or it could output just 24psf (with no pulldown frames added).

With the nanoFlash you have to option of removing the pulldown frames.

And for playback, you have the option of outputting PSF (Progressive Segmented Frames)

And with E to E Direct, whatever comes in to the nanoFlash immediately goes out.

Native 24p (without 3:2 pulldown added) is almost always output as 24psf (Progressive Segmented Frames)

This looks like 1080i48. There is no monitor that I know of that supports 1080i48.

Martin, do you have an option to output 24 over 60? If so your monitor will work, and you will need to set the nanoFlash's Video|Remove 3:2 Pulldown.

Martin, please feel free to call me as this is complicated and disucssing this interactively would probably be better.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey