Nanoflash Card formatting Procdure at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Nanoflash Card formatting Procdure

Hello,
I am having interment dropout problems with one or more of my 64gb cards to the point that I can not trust them for the fear of the problem occurring in a crucial area.
When the Nanoflash formats compact flash cards are bad data blocks locked out in the same way as HDU lock out bad data sectors?
The other option is that the cards are ok and the Nanoflash is the problem?
What the best way to check this out.
I would appreciate some help.

Many thanks
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Re: Nanoflash Card formatting Procdure

Hello Lance,

To answer your Question, Yes it is possible to get bad or corrupt sectors on a Compact Flash card, similar to what you would see on a hard drive.

This is not very common, but we have seen this in the past.

I would suggest Purchasing KLIX ($19.95) we have been working with them, on a testing function that will identify if the card has "bad sectors" Theoretically the Sequential test should fail the "bad cards", but in our internal tests we have found certain cards to fail intermittently.

Digital Photo Recovery Software: Digital Picture Recovery, JPEG Recovery, Lost Picture Recovery, Recover Lost Images

Best Regards
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Andy will KLIX test and verify a card for data Integrity, from the information I have seen on KLIX it's a recovery program not a testing program?
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Hello Lance,

Yes they have added this functionality, but have not updated their website to reflect the new feature, but once downloaded you will see that there is a testing function and under preferences you can set the parameters for the test.

In theory it should be able to identify the problematic cards, In our lab this has worked well in the past, but also keep in mind that various cards may "fail" in different ways, so this may take some tweaking, so that It can identify all types of failures. since we have had a limited number of "failure" cards with our internal testing.

Best Regards
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:05 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for that Andy just what I wanted to know.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey