DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Last clip delete query (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/500554-last-clip-delete-query.html)

Alastair Traill September 10th, 2011 11:14 PM

Last clip delete query

For the first time I am using a field monitor with my nanoFlash (vers 1.6.248) thus giving me the chance of reviewing my takes. However I am having trouble deleting the last clip. According to the manual, one presses and holds the stop key and presses the left arrow key. When I do this the last clip remains. What am I missing?

Willard Hill September 11th, 2011 02:51 AM

Re: Last clip delete query

I have not been able to delete the last clip since installing the latest firmware.

Alastair Traill September 11th, 2011 04:28 AM

Thanks Willard,

That's not what I wanted to hear! I think I was following the instructions that came with the current firmware.

Gerd Kogler September 11th, 2011 07:15 AM

NanoFlash Firmware version 1.6.248 (12 Jan 2011) is the latest. I've got the same version AND the same problem! Now I understand, Willard. It does not work anymore since the installation.
Although the recordings are free of charge - so to speak - the function would be an advantage for Wildlife recording.

Gerd

Dan Keaton September 11th, 2011 01:45 PM

Dear Friends,

I believe that this feature is broken in 1.6.248.

It is our intention to restore it in our next release.

Alastair Traill September 12th, 2011 06:59 AM

Dear Dan,

Is it possible to add new features to "last clip removal" during the forthcoming repair? My interest is in natural history and one never knows what if anything is likely to happen in any one shot. Also there may be long periods during takes which provides the opportunity to do some rough culling. That is is it would be nice to be able to delete any shot or a part of any shot.

Is this a possibility?

Dan Keaton September 12th, 2011 07:25 AM

Dear Alastair,

The goal of the nanoFlash is to avoid file fragramentation at all costs.

Otherwise, the nanoFlash would not be able to do what you expect it to do.

The "Delete Last Clip" function of the nanoFlash is designed to not cause file fragramentation.

If we older clips, then it would cause file fragramenation.

Triming of clips, within the nanoFlash, is something that we are not in a position to implement.

Have you considered taking a Nexto Di device with you?

They are small, lightweight, can be battery powered, and very reliable.

You could fill up a CompactFlash card, then upload to the Nexto DI, then reuse the card.

It is then possible for you to delete any clips that you wish from the Nexto DI.

Please feel free to send me a private message and I will respond with my email address and all of my phone numbers.

Alastair Traill September 12th, 2011 02:59 PM

Thanks Dan,

I thought there would be good reasons not to.

George Griswold September 14th, 2011 03:57 PM

Nexto is a life saver... leave deleting clips for the edit suite. Safer.... much safer.