Retrofit kit for Nanoflash : SATA interface for SSD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Retrofit kit for Nanoflash : SATA interface for SSD

Would CD be interested in selling a retrofit option for Nanoflash with a SATA interface for an SSD ? I'm seeing 1.8" 256 GB SSDs by Crucial for about $500.

Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAA256MAG-1G1 1.8" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Newegg.com - Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAA256MAG-1G1 1.8" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

For those wanting both SSD and Compact Flash, there are 1.8" sleds that convert CD to SATA.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Retrofit kit for Nanoflash : SATA interface for SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis View Post
For those wanting both SSD and Compact Flash, there are 1.8" sleds that convert CD to SATA.
Hi Gints, do you mean convert CF (Compact Flash) to SATA? I have looked high and low to find nothing of the sort. If so please point us to a place where we can order the part.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Retrofit kit for Nanoflash : SATA interface for SSD

Andrew, I have not found the "Dream" part you're asking for, which I'm guessing is a converter cable from CF (female) to SATA (female) that would plug into the CF interface of the Nanoflash and connect it to an external SATA drive. Overall, I'm asking for a Nanoflash retrofitted with a SATA interface.

In the context of a recording device that has a SATA bay that accepts 1.8" or 2.5" SSDs, the link I provided would be a way to accept CF so that they work in that slot.

Micro SATA to CF Adapter with open frame plastic bracket
Micro SATA CF Adapter from Addonics
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey