Calibrated MXF plug in at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old November 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Calibrated MXF plug in

Down loaded the MXF plug in for Mac viewing of MXF files.. without FCP or any other editing software..

When I double click a Nanoflash MXF file.. just get a box come up with alot of info.. but no way to actually view the clip ??? I have the XDCAM plug in too.. .mov files at fine.. open in QT player.. but MXF is seeming to be a pain..

Thanks
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Calibrated MXF plug in

Hi Robin,

Sorry for the confusion - the box you're seeing is Calibrated MXF QuickStat - that's the free application that comes with Calibrated{Q} MXF Import for OSX - it just tells you the basic info (video/audio/metadata) of a MXF file. Since Mac OSX does not have a native player of MXF files - then it automatically associates Calibratd MXF QuickStat with opening MXF files.

In the Calibrated{Q} MXF Import User Guide on page 24 - it tells you how to open MXF files in QT Player - as well as how to associate MXF files with QT Player - so that when you double-click on a MXF file it always opens in QT Player. You can find the User Guide online or in the /Applications/Calibrated/Docs folder.

You should also be able to 'spacebar' on a MXF file in Finder to play the MXF file in a QuickLook Preview Window.

FYI - the DEMO MODE limitation is that onyl the first 30 seconds of a MXF file are shown (or less than half if the MXF file is less than 30 seconds)

You can also email me at info (at) calibratedsoftware (dot) com if you had any questions or needed any help.

Cheers
Greg

Calibrated Software

Last edited by Greg Booth; November 18th, 2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelled name wrong
Greg Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Greg.. Ive emailed you sir.. re permanent software for MXF viewing..
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Greg,

Thank you very much for posting!

Your contributions are greatly appreciated, as is your software.
Old November 18th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Many thanks Dan. You're welcome.

I've already email Robin back and should have him up and running.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software
Greg Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Greg,

Thank you very much for posting!

Your contributions are greatly appreciated, as is your software.
Major thanks to Greg.. this guy is so helpful.. even about software that isn't Calibrated.. !!! and in the middle of the night on a weekend..!!

Dan if you know the big bosses over there.. maybe Greg is one of them I dont know.. please pass on my comments.. they have a great member of staff in Greg.. I,d love for his efforts to be recognized by the high ups..

Thanks Greg..
Robin Probyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey