DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Weight (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/505895-weight.html)

Ron Aerts March 6th, 2012 05:05 AM

Weight

Can somebody give the exact weight of the gemini plus the 2 SSD cards?
spec says Gemini is 612 gr

Dan Keaton March 15th, 2012 01:42 PM

Re: Weight

Dear Ron,

I am sorry it too me so long to respond, I was unavailable last week.

My Gemini 4:4:4 weights 608 grams.

But, this is with an add on bracket, on the side, that adds 1/4" x 20 and 3/8" x 16 stainless steel threaded inserts so that the unit can be mounted from the side. This bracket is an add-on accessory.

And my Gemini 4:4:4 is a little heavier than regular models as it was built before we took some extra metal out of the case.

My Gemini 4:4:4 with the one bracket, and two 512 GB SSD's weights 702 grams.

I hope this helps.

Ron Aerts March 17th, 2012 02:22 AM

Thanks Dan
The great thing with the gemini is that you have both (highbright) monitor and recorder in one piece
I think it could even work on my light steadirig!
And on my heavy rig it can easily be mounted on the back of the camera railsupport without dsiturbing the balance too much.
Can a V-lock or AB battery be mounted on the back of the Gemini, or is there room to customize this myself?

Dan Keaton March 17th, 2012 06:29 AM

Dear Ron,

Yes, it is great that the Gemini 4:4:4 is light, about the same size as a monitor, and relatively low in power draw, less than 15 watts and typically 12 watts or so.

If you have not actually seen it yet, you will be pleasently surprised how good the monitor is.

The viewing angle is very good.

There is no color shifting or dimming if one is looking at the monitor from an angle.

Multiple people can watch the monitor and see the exact same images.

The Gemini 4:4:4 comes with:

1. A short 4-Pin Female Hirose to 4-Pin XLR power cable.

2. An 18 Inch, 0.46 meter, Anton Bauer/IDX D-Tap, also known as a P-Tap to 4-Pin Female Hirose power cable.

nanoFlash.net has many power cables available, in various lengths, and will custom build any cable that you may need. Many other dealers have power cables available in addition to the two standard cables that comes with the Gemini 4:4:4.

Any nanoFlash power cable will work on the Gemini 4:4:4 also.

Dave Sperling March 19th, 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Aerts (Post 1721419)
Can a V-lock or AB battery be mounted on the back of the Gemini, or is there room to customize this myself?

Ron,
My personal feeling is that placing a large battery on the back of the Gemini would be less than ideal --
1- the design of the back looks like it works as a heat sink, so I wouldn't want to restrict air flow.
2 - a battery which could easily weigh 2-4 times as much as the Gemini could make mounting it unbalanced and/or difficult -- not sure I'd want to put that much weight on its 1/4" thread.