DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Nanoflash with canon xl h1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/508017-nanoflash-canon-xl-h1.html)

Joris Donvil May 24th, 2012 12:43 PM

Nanoflash with canon xl h1

Next september were shooting our next short film with the canon xl h1, 3x wide lens and the 14x manual lens.
Since these lenzes aren't hd, is it worth buying a nanoflash for this project? (and others ofcourse).
+
My old pc with firewire died last weekend so I will have to look for a new one (actually an old one since firewire is old and the new pc's dont support it anymore)
With nanoflash I can use my laptop I have now but the price between an old laptop and a nanoflash is a big difference ;)
So people, what are your opinions about this subject?

Michael Galvan May 25th, 2012 10:46 AM

Re: Nanoflash with canon xl h1

Adding the Nanoflash to my Canon XLH1S really has been worth it. It does increase the quality of your footage a good amount, while giving you a tapeless & tape workflow at the same time.

Dan Keaton May 25th, 2012 02:26 PM

Dear Joris,

The answer is yes.

You have two great lenses for the XL H1.

The 14x lens is great as is the 6X.

If you near someone with a nanoFlash, just try it.

Joris Donvil May 25th, 2012 03:45 PM

Thank you very much for the response.
The 2 lenzes are not hd, but does anybody know what the results are when you shoot with these lenzes in hd?
I would like to try it, but no pc to transfer it... so I will have to wait for a new nanoflash ;)

Mike Wattley May 28th, 2012 07:09 AM

Hi Joris,

I am Mike Wattley - Distribution Manger at Symbiosis (Symbiosis | Distributor for professional video tools | Europe, Middle East and Africa) - we are the exclusive EMEA Distributor for Convergent Design. We can always arrange for you to have a demo of the NanoFlash via one of our local dealers in Belgium if you wanted to test the recording capabilities and work flow of the NanoFlash?

The NanoFlash comes with a USB Compact Flash card reader, so although Firewire may be your preferred transfer mechanism, there are alternatives...

Please feel free to contact me if you wanted to have a demo of the equipment, or if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Mike

Joris Donvil May 31st, 2012 09:19 AM

Hello Mike,

I've been searching on your site for a local dealer and found one.
The funny thing is that I rented some light equipment at the same local dealer before!
Thank you very much.

Mike Wattley June 6th, 2012 09:37 AM

Hi Joris

That is great news - I am glad you managed to find the dealer information.

Please let me know if you need any further information.