nanoFlash Settings For Sony EX3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 27th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Major Player

nanoFlash Settings For Sony EX3

Having today acquired my newish EX3 I wonder what the settings should be with my nanoFlash, up until now used with a Canon XLH1.

I would trigger the nano from a remote cable, timecode internal, i.e. not from the EX3 and audio embedded in the HD-SDI signal from the camera. Maybe no difference to what I'm doing with the XLH1 except that there audio is taken from the audio out sockets on the cam, as it is not embedded within the HD-SDI signal, at least not on my original version of the XLH1.

I would not expect to be recording to the EX3 simultaneously with recording to the nanoFlash.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: nanoFlash Settings For Sony EX3

If you are not using a record trigger from the EX3, your current settings look good.

If you are using a timecode record trigger from the EX3, Choose "Last TC > TC" as the record trigger, as that will prevent bad recordings when your camera goes into Rec Review.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: nanoFlash Settings For Sony EX3

Thanks Jack. I connected the nanoFlash as per my current "XLH1" settings except embedded audio and off she went.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey