Monitor wont recognize slog2 setting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old January 25th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Monitor wont recognize slog2 setting

The new 7Q in Fs700 raw mod doesn't seem to work. The display flashes a white "for proper display, set camera to s-log2.

I go into picture profile menu, and set all picture profiles to slog2, but the monitor still flashes the same message, and no camera image is displayed on screen.

Solution?
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Monitor wont recognize slog2 setting

Dear Dave,

I will send you a private message, with all of my phone number.

And you will find my contact info here:

Support | Convergent Design

Just call me on my mobile number.

Respectfully,
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Monitor wont recognize slog2 setting

For others reading this, via Convergent Designs remarkable customer support, the issue is the Odyssey needs to be booted in the mode you select, such as booting in FS700 RAW, booting in HD, etc.

What I missed was when I toggled the monitor from HD to FS700 RAW at 2k, I got a dialogue box about changing the camera to Slog2, which I did but still no monitor image. But what I needed to do was set the camera to RAW as the monitor was booted in FS700 RAW. Once I followed those emailed support instructions from Dan and the crew at CD, the camera properly communicates the screen monitor image to the 7Q when in RAW mode. It had always worked in HD mode as that was what the camera was set to.

I didn't notice it in their documentation but they suggested connecting the cabling after camera and monitor are turned on if communication problems are encountered as the fS700 sends out some bizarre cable signals upon startup.

Convergent Design has some good new 7Q menu videos that were really helpful too, so I will post them as they sure helped me.

Oh, and, in case anyone want to know, the Odyssey monitor rocks and I'm really pleased with the acquisition and support.

Old February 6th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Re:Using the Odyssey7Q with the Sony FS700

Dear Dave,

Thank you for posting that information.

When using the Sony FS700 with the Odyssey7Q, there are a few issues that can be avoided by just removing the HD-SDI cable from the Odyssey7Q:

1. When powering up the FS700.

2. When switching modes on the FS700, such as from HD to Raw.

3. When switching frame rates on the FS700.

The reason for this is simple.

At times, when performing the above operations, the FS700 sends out a signal over HD-SDI to the Odyssey7Q which commands our unit to start recording, and sometimes we receive information to record in 2K Raw at 240 fps.

Our team is attempting to determine if there is a way for us to ignore these unexpected commands.

I doubt that we will find a way to ignore these instructions, while preserving the ability to be very responsive to the commands from the FS700 at other times.

Thus, at least for now, we recommend just removing the HD-SDI cable from the Odyssey7Q when powering up the FS700, changing frame rates, or changing camera modes.

Alternatively, one can just power up the Odyssey7Q after setting up the FS700.

Please understand that we love the Sony FS700, and feel that it is a breakthrough camera offering 2K Raw, at 12-Bits, at up to 240 fps.

We will be adding significant new support for the FS700 in our next firmware release.

And we will be adding even more features for the FS700 in upcoming firmware releases.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey