FS100 and Odyssey7Q at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:50 AM   #1
New Boot

FS100 and Odyssey7Q

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first post, and have greatly benefited from this forum. Many thanks to all the contributors here who I have learned a great deal from. I hope that some day, following the tradition here, I also could be of some help to others here.

I am curious if anyone out there is using their Odyssey7Q with the FS100, and that if they have successfully been able to record 23.98p as well as the over cranked 60 fps out of the camera.

I have also purchased an Atomos HDMI to SDI converter to get around Odyssey' temporary inability to remove 3:2 out of a 1080i signal.

Would love to get your guidance in terms of any specific in camera menu settings that I should be aware of for the slow motion 60 fps recordings. I am only interested in recording to DPX sequences and DNxHD (but am aware of the sad fact that the DNxHD implementation has been pushed back by quite a bit).

Thanks.
Amir Qureshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: FS100 and Odyssey7Q

Dear Amir,

We want to add the ability to remove 3:2 Pulldown as soon as possible, but this will be after our next firmware release, due out near the end of this month.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey