Slog only with the 7Q and FS700? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 3rd, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Tourist

Slog only with the 7Q and FS700?

Just got my 7Q and have been testing it with the FS700 for a short time - and am wondering why it insists on the S-Log2 gamma?

We shoot mainly corporate videos, and, from my admittedly limited knowledge of S-log2, it seems to add significantly to post production workflow and makes exposure judged from the monitor tricky.

I've been very happy shooting with the FS700 using a cine gama (recording internally) up until now. Recording that uncompressed or with more bandwidth in say something like a PopularResourceful codec would be nice.

Will there (or is there) an option for other gamas with the 7Q in FS700 mode?

Thanks

Shaun

Last edited by Shaun Humphreys; March 3rd, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Shaun Humphreys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Contributor

Re: Slog only with the 7Q and FS700?

I believe once they implement the new codecs it will be able to record any valid SDI signal. Of course that would only be 8bit 4:2:2 1080P off the FS700 in HD. The only way the FS700 will output anything else than the standard signals is using SLog 2 so that is a camera limitation I think.

I thought they had a LUT that made monitoring easy although maybe the SLog2 one isn't on there yet?
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey