DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   O7Q power stuck (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/522906-o7q-power-stuck.html)

Sami Sanpakkila April 22nd, 2014 01:46 PM

O7Q power stuck

Hi

Just got the Odyssey 7Q today and the power cord is stuck... I can't for the life of me get it out... Should I try tools? I'm afraid to force it too much...

Also noticed that during the initialisation when it asks to type your activation code, the screen went to screensaver mode. Touching it again brought back the screen but the input characters were all black and couldn't be seen. Am just updating to the latest firmware from 1.1.105 so maybe that's fixed?

But what about the power jack? Any advice would be helpful... I think I read someone else having this problem too but can't find it online right now.

sami

Dan Keaton April 22nd, 2014 02:43 PM

Re: O7Q power stuck

Dear Sami,

Are you pressing to release the connector lock, which is located on the back of the connector while it is inserted into the Odyssey7Q?

If not, press this, then gently pull the connector straight out.

My phone number is, in the United States, seven one nine - nine three zero - one three seven six.

My Skype account is dan.keaton1

I will answer your other questions soon.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton April 22nd, 2014 02:44 PM

Dear Sami,

You can power off the unit then power it back on, now that you have your activation key, then enter the activation code.

Respectfully,

Sami Sanpakkila April 22nd, 2014 03:16 PM

Hi Dan,

I had to use pliers to get the DC power connector out but managed it. I also have a Hawkwood battery plate and on that the power jack is very easy to connect and disconnect. I don't see any visual difference between the connectors so a bit of a mystery.

Also did as you said with the screen saver issue, powered the unit down and up to get the characters visible, just posted that for your information if it's not been reported before.

Another question though. I've seen this reported. The playback (4K2HD mode on FS700) seems to start a faulty loop at the end of a clip. I need to be able to review takes on our shoot starting Thursday so can you point me to info that tells me the current situation of playback functionality?

Thanks for the help!

Maxwell Bingham April 24th, 2014 09:32 AM

Hey Sami,

Just to chime in, when I first received my Odyssey 7Q the plug for the DC power was extremely snug and I was nervous to rip it out and risk damaging the Odyssey. However, after using it a few times it seems to have loosened up a little bit. I use the Nebtek battery plate though, and the power plug on that is far easier to remove as well.

As for the playback on the 4k2prores files, I experience the faulty loop at the end of the clips as well. This does not affect your ability to play back the entire clip though and you can easily back out and select the next clip to view. But it would be nice to be able to skip to the next clip via a fast forward button or something.

--Max

Dan Keaton April 24th, 2014 09:47 AM

Dear Maxwell,

Our team is currently working on greatly enhanced Playback Controls.

This enhancement, may (or may not) be in our next firmware release.

I will know more later, but it is in active development.

More info to come later.

Respectfully,

Sami Sanpakkila April 24th, 2014 11:01 AM

Thanks for the tips!

Dan, it would be awesome to have thumbnails that you can touch to view clips. And a button to choose wether you wish to continue playback to clips after that or just play one clip at a time. Reviewing shoots straight from the O7Q at the end of the day would be much easier like this.

Sami

Dan Keaton April 24th, 2014 12:19 PM

Dear Sami,

We have not committed to offering Thumbnails.

But, we are implementing some tools that I feel you will like.

I would like to let you know more, as we get closer to having this wonderful enhancement ready.

So, I do not want to disclose too much right now, in case it changes.

Respectfully,

Sami Sanpakkila April 24th, 2014 12:25 PM

Sounds great!

Dan, would you mind clearing a few things for me please.

1) On FS700 the zebra 100+ equals 109% or something else on the O7Q?

2) If I set the O7Q zebra to 109% it doesn't show any clipping even if I point it directly to a light source, so I'm guessing it should be set to max 108% to show clipped highlights? What do you set it to usually?

3) Where is the "Next take" information meta data stored? Is it possible to have a scene number included with the file name as well? Can Premiere Pro CC read this info? We have a manual slate as well so propably not gonna bother with this though...

Thanks!

Sami

Dan Keaton April 24th, 2014 12:36 PM

Dear Sami,

My answers are embedded below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami Sanpakkila (Post 1842876)
Sounds great!

Dan, would you mind clearing a few things for me please.

1) On FS700 the zebra 100+ equals 109% or something else on the O7Q?

If you are using our latest firmware, we show 109 on our Waveform Monitor.

Where are you seeing 100+?

Quote:

2) If I set the O7Q zebra to 109% it doesn't show any clipping even if I point it directly to a light source, so I'm guessing it should be set to max 108% to show clipped highlights? What do you set it to usually?
I like to set Zebras at around 95 to 100, and you are right, at 109, you may not see any Zebras, but you will at 108.

Quote:

3) Where is the "Next take" information meta data stored? Is it possible to have a scene number included with the file name as well? Can Premiere Pro CC read this info? We have a manual slate as well so propably not gonna bother with this though...
The Metadata is shown on our Playlist, in Playback Mode.

And the Metadata is recorded in the take.

At this moment I do not know if Premiere Pro CC can read this info, sorry.

Quote:

Thanks!

Sami

Sami Sanpakkila April 24th, 2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1842879)
If you are using our latest firmware, we show 109 on our Waveform Monitor.

Where are you seeing 100+?

Sorry my question was a bit vague. On FS700 you can set zebras in steps ranging from 70 to 100 and next up is 100+. I assume 100+ shows superwhites as clipped (values between 235-255).

On O7Q you can set zebras more accurate, so I just would like to know that if I have set my zebra on FS700 at 100+ is that equal to values between 101-108% on the O7Q.

Thank you very much for your answers!

Sami

Dan Keaton April 24th, 2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sami Sanpakkila (Post 1842881)
Sorry my question was a bit vague. On FS700 you can set zebras in steps ranging from 70 to 100 and next up is 100+. I assume 100+ shows superwhites as clipped (values between 235-255).

On O7Q you can set zebras more accurate, so I just would like to know that if I have set my zebra on FS700 at 100+ is that equal to values between 101-108% on the O7Q.

Thank you very much for your answers!

Sami

Dear Sami,

My best guess is that 100+ is for values 101 to 109 in the FS700 camera.

I have checked the latest manual for the FS700 and they do not explain what 100+ actually means.

But, I feel that we can take this literally, that it is any value higher than 100, or maybe any value 100 or higher.

You could test this, by using our Waveform Monitor as a fully calibrated device, which it is!

Respectfully,

Sami Sanpakkila April 24th, 2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Keaton (Post 1842882)

You could test this, by using our Waveform Monitor as a fully calibrated device, which it is!

Duh! Of course, silly me! It seems that 100+ on FS700 equals values 101-109 on O7Q.

Dan Keaton April 24th, 2014 01:35 PM

Dear Sami,

I hope you know I wasn't trying to be offensive,
I just thought that you could use our tools to see exactly how the FS700 operates.

Respectfully,

Sami Sanpakkila April 24th, 2014 01:41 PM

Dan, of course! :)