DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Now get 2x FREE 256GB SSDs with Odyssey 7Q (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/526443-now-get-2x-free-256gb-ssds-odyssey-7q.html)

Eric C. Petrie January 15th, 2015 03:28 PM

Now get 2x FREE 256GB SSDs with Odyssey 7Q+

From the Convergent Design press release:

"For a limited time, the Odyssey7Q+ monitor/recorder will ship with two free 256GB Odyssey SSDs included. With two 256GB SSDs, the Odyssey7Q+ can record more than an hour of 4K Apple ProRes and more than five hours of HD Apple ProRes. Additionally, two 256GB Odyssey SSDs allow for enough data capture speed to record 4K60p RAW from the FS7, FS700, and C500 as well as 2K240p RAW from the FS7 and FS700."

Thats a great value. Plus it makes the industries best monitor/recorder that much more accessible for new customers.

Eric Petrie
provideoandtape.com
Lease the Sony FS7 for $248 a month
Lease the Canon C100 for $129 a month

Nick Hiltgen January 15th, 2015 03:41 PM

Re: Now get 2x FREE 256GB SSDs with Odyssey 7Q

And you get an HDMI Cable. Now we just need to figure out how to get them to throw in that case to go with it! ;)

Seriously though this is an awesome deal, it made up my mind between the 7q+ and the shogun.

Nick Hiltgen January 25th, 2015 06:46 AM

My 7q+ arrived today and I am very happy with it. I'm a little shocked at how big the 4k file sizes are but hopefully when the variants of prores 4k are added it will make the recording time a lot better.

Only one issue that I don't think is CD's fault the 7q+ was held up in shipping for 5 days while they waited for an hdmi cable, which ended up just being one from mono price, that still ended up needing an adapter. I would have happily forgone the hdmi cable to be able to use the recorder all week!

Dan Keaton January 28th, 2015 07:46 AM

Dear Nick,

Your Odyssey7Q+ should have come with an HDMI Adapter.

This is a HDMI, Full Size Female, to HDMI, Mini, Male.

In other words it accepts a normal HDMI cable and plugs into our Odyssey7/7Q/7Q+.

Respectfully,

Nick Hiltgen January 28th, 2015 09:00 PM

Hey Dan, yeah I absolutely get that and my kit did include everything I just wish I could find a high speed micro to mini hdmi cable so I could have less points of failure.

Dan Keaton January 31st, 2015 06:35 PM

Dear Nick,

We have tried hard to find such a cable.

At least one exists, but it is a coiled cable.

Our customers have tried it, and I know of at least three that failed, thus we can't recommend this coiled cable.

We could have this cable built, but we have been busy in other areas.

I have been using the Micro to Full Size HDMI cable, and our adapter, and it has worked very well with me.
I have been using it for the past few weeks with an A7s.

Respectfully,

Nick Hiltgen February 1st, 2015 08:15 AM

Dan awesome, I would much rather you guys work on features then cables, I was just a little annoyed that my shipment was delayed from bh for three days because of waiting for a monoprice cable. Anyhow keep up the good work.