Incorrect "About" Usage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:26 AM   #1
New Boot

Incorrect "About" Usage

I upgraded to the Odyssey 7Q+ though the loyalty program and used the new recorder for the first time on a shoot the other day. After the shoot I opened the "About" screen and noticed that it showed that the unit had been powered for 3 days and 2 hours and Recorded for 23 hours. The shoot was a 12 hour day (the unit was not on the whole time) and we recorded a little over and hour and half of footage.

Has anyone else notice that the Powered/Record information is totally incorrect? Why have this information if it's not accurate?

As a side note - I looked at my old Odyssey 7Q and see that it shows Powered: 9 days 6 hrs/Record: 1 day 21 hrs. I haven't used this unit that much either so I don't think it's a 7Q+ issue.
Brian Hoodenpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 04:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Incorrect "About" Usage

I remember Mitch Gross answering this on another forum. This is due to CD testing each unit for 24h before sending them of.
Sami Sanpakkila is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey