High Speed ProRes and Vectorscope at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old August 6th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Inner Circle

High Speed ProRes and Vectorscope

Dear Friends,

Today, we released new firmware for the Odyssey7/Odyssey7Q/Odyssey7Q+.

The announcement is here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-...ctorscope.html

Here is a link to a video

Respectfully,
Old August 7th, 2015, 09:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: High Speed ProRes and Vectorscope

Thank you Dean, and please thank the crew at Convergent Design for all of us. I have owned many on-board monitors in the past and they've all dropped in value and relevance quite quickly as time and technology keeps marching forward. This hasn't been the case with your monitors. In fact with each new firmware update you guys create, which come often and regularly, your monitors keep getting better. 240fps ProRes 2k, and 4k bursts at 120, those are very welcome additions to the Odyssey's arsenals. Thank you very much!
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 10:00 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Dan. When I did the firmware update last nite after updating my computers to Windows 10, all of my empty Convergent drives (formatted in the Odyssey) are reported by Windows 10 as nearly full when I connect them to my computer, there was barely enough megabytes to put the firmware upgrade file on them

Why is my computer reporting the empty newly formatted drives from the Odyssey as being full?
Galen Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2015, 06:39 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Galen,

Modern computers, including both Mac's and PC's attempt to index everything on external drives, including SSD's whenever they are inserted into a computer.

However, this process does not always go smoothly, and based on our experience, the computers have overwritten important files when performing this indexing.

And there is no reliable way to have this indexing turned off.

Thus, we protect your footage by making our SSD's appear to be almost full to the computer's operating system.

We leave about 270 Megabytes free to allow for firmware updates and other things, but this is a very small amount compared to 256 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB.

Thus, we are just protecting your footage, there is nothing wrong with what you are seeing.

Respectfully,
Old October 1st, 2015, 09:38 PM   #5
Major Player

These video tutorials are REALLY helpful..thanks! Is there a single source direct link for all the FS700 7Q tutorial videos? That would be browser bookmark worthy.
Old October 11th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #6
Photographer

Hi Dan,

I'm going through some more familiarization exercises with my FS/7, 7Q+ set up and I have a question. I've gone over the S&Q Motion tutorial video several times and I get derailed at the point the FS/700 is discussed. It appears that you can set 4K RAW in the 700 and go into the camera menu to set the S&Q Motion parameters that you want. My understanding is that you can be recording along to the 7Q+ at 4096 RAW, activate S&Q and the camera will record at the settings that are programmed in S&Q. My confusion comes in where RAW and 4096 is set in the FS/7, and on the 7Q+, but S&Q is completely disabled with those settings in place. Do I understand this correctly? I need to go into the FS/7 menu, set RAW 2096 at whatever frame rate, then S&Q is live and the settings can be selected? If this is all correct it sure eliminates any 2K RAW spontaneous S&Q recording while shooting along in 4K RAW.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey