Latest firmware, Flashing SLOG2, Doesn't take at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old September 13th, 2015, 01:12 AM   #1
Major Player

Latest firmware, Flashing SLOG2, Doesn't take

I just loaded the latest firmware, and set the FS700 to a picture profile that is using slog2, yet my 7Q continue to flash about rec 709 or slog2. I am set to slog 2 in the picture profile, but the monitor does not seem to recognize it..tried a cable switch, still have the multicolored bars for the screen instead of an actual picture.

Nothing like flying 6k miles somewhere and getting stuck with a system that I can't figure out.
Old September 13th, 2015, 04:46 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Latest firmware, Flashing SLOG2, Doesn't take

Dear Dave,

We do provide 24/7 support, so you can call any time.

I realize that this is impractical while you are flying.

Are you using Picture Profile 7 with gamma = S-Log 2, or a different Picture Profile number with gamma = S-Log 2.

Please select Picture Profile 7, then reset this Picture Profile to factory defaults.

Please call me any time:

seven one nine ---- nine three zero - one three seven six ---

Respectfully,
Old September 13th, 2015, 06:18 AM   #3
Major Player

I can't call Internationally. Yes, I am in PP7 slog-2. I followed the latest 7Q user manual workflow. Very frustrating I can't get the monitor to work after latest firmware update.
Old September 13th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #4
Major Player

Is it possible I accidentally installed the 7Q+ latest firmware on my 7Q since both files seem to be titled the same and perhaps that's why PP7 slog2 on the FS700 is not being recognized?
Old September 13th, 2015, 09:10 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Dear Dave,

When you download the firmware from our website, the download includes separate firmware for the Odyssey7, Odyssey7Q, and Odyssey7Q+.

Then, when you put the firmware download on an SSD by copying the }Odyssey_Update{ folder to the SSD, and insert this into the Odyssey, it determines which specific firmware load to use.

Thus, it is impossible to load the wrong firmware version into one of our deices.

-------------

If our latest firmware is not working for you, and you can't call, or email me, you could revert back to 2015.7 firmware version.

Here is a link to our firmware archive, where you can download any firmware version.

https://convergent-design.com/all-do...-firmware.html

The above page is accessible from the bottom of our firmware download page anytime you may need it.

Respectfully,
Old October 1st, 2015, 09:13 PM   #6
Major Player

Just to give everyone a heads up, the issue was the FS700 somehow had been reset to output in HD, not 4K, so that's why the 7Q set at 4K raw to 4K ProRes did not recognize the output signal.

In a perfect world, instead of flashing a Rec 709 or Slog2 setting sentence which wasn't really correct, it could have flashed: "Camera output does not match monitor recording setting". This would have prompted me to know where to go hunting.

Alternately, my own cranial firmware could have been up for a revision. I can imagine a flashing warning: "You total noob imbecile!"

As always, great support from Dan and the crew at C.D., thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey