DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Odyssey 7Q Audio and Blackmagic Media Express (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/530537-odyssey-7q-audio-blackmagic-media-express.html)

Bill LiPera December 2nd, 2015 11:43 AM

Odyssey 7Q Audio and Blackmagic Media Express

Blackmagic Media express plays Odyssey 7Q 4K prores 422 footage beautifully but there's no audio. It appears that 7Q 4 Kprores video 422 records 32 bit audio. If I convert the footage to 4K prores 422 with 24 bit audio then the sound plays well. Is there any way to record 24bit audio with the Odyssey 7Q so that the conversion and the recompression can be skipped. Thank you.

Dan Keaton December 7th, 2015 11:36 AM

Re: Odyssey 7Q Audio and Blackmagic Media Express

Dear Bill,

I am alerting our team about this.

We will attempt to duplicate this in our lab.

I will provide more information after I discuss this with our team.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton December 7th, 2015 01:34 PM

Dear Bill,

I received word back from our Lab Manager.

"This is most likely a setting with Media Express, as we use this for testing with Apple Certification"

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

Respectfully,

Bill LiPera December 7th, 2015 05:02 PM

Thanks for the response I'm using a pc . I can't seem to find that setting in Media Express. Thank you

Olof Ekbergh December 8th, 2015 07:29 AM

On Macs the settings are in System Prefs/Desktop Video. There are many audio/video settings there, depending on your hardware.

Jack Zhang August 29th, 2016 02:43 AM

Just bumping this thread, can someone give me the output of a "ffmpeg -i (input file).mov" of a file like this? and can this be remedied with a simple command like this?

Code:

ffmpeg -i "(input file).mov" -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s24le "(output file).mov"

Dan Keaton August 29th, 2016 04:39 AM

Dear Jack,

I am sorry, but I do not have an answer for you.

I will check with our team.

Respectfully,

Jack Zhang October 31st, 2016 07:31 PM

Hey Bill,

I just tried out converting the audio using an FFmpeg command and I can tell you it works in Media Express on machines with Quicktime installed. (Protip: Media Express will not read ProRes files on Windows unless Quicktime is installed. You can use the "for NLEs" installation method and not install the player.)

Here's the command you have to enter in ffmpeg:

Code:

ffmpeg -guess_layout_max 0 -i "(path to input file, ending in .mov)" -r (Frame rate from the clip's XML file in the same folder as your source clips. Round up non-drop frame rates to whole numbers, AKA don't include decimal points.) -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s24le "(path to output file, ending in .mov)"
Hope this helps.