DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Convergent Design Odyssey (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/)
-   -   Got my Apollo today! Problems... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/convergent-design-odyssey/530752-got-my-apollo-today-problems.html)

Dave Hall December 29th, 2015 01:42 PM

Got my Apollo today! Problems...

I was excited to get my Apollo today from ZGC. First thing you have to do is activate a new account. The literature says go to convergent-design.com/new but guess what? Error 404. The correct address is New Account (North America) - Convergent Design So hopefully I'm helping someone.
Next, the website currently (as of 12/29/15) has no way of registering an Apollo... it asks for the model and serial number, but there is no choice of "Apollo" So my next step was to call, and it IS one day before New Years Eve, so no one seems to be around to help me. The woman answering the phone gave me two numbers (one was Dan) and another one who's voice mail was full and unable to leave a message for. So... I'm dead in the water without a license key.

Dave Hall December 29th, 2015 02:54 PM

Fixed!

I'm glad to say Convergent Design got back to me quickly and I was able to activate the Apollo. Now to play..

Dan Keaton December 29th, 2015 04:00 PM

Re: Got my Apollo today! Problems...

Dear Dave,

This problem was caused by the holiday vacations, and we have it resolved now.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

I was meeting with my Doctor, when you first called, and I could not immediately answer.

Respectfully,

Andrew Smith December 30th, 2015 12:50 AM

Solved in a matter of hours? That's gotta be pretty good service.

Andrew

Dan Keaton December 30th, 2015 07:16 AM

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for you kind comment.

We strive to provide the best customer service in this industry.

Resolving this issue, where Dave could not activate his Apollo, was delayed a little since I was unable to answer my phone while speaking with my doctor during a routine annual checkup.

Normally, one can call me 24/7 every day of the year, at my cell phone number:

Seven one nine ----- nine three zero ---- one three seven six.

And during regular business hours, our support team in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA (Mountain Time) also handles support calls:

Seven two zero ---- two two one ---- three eight six one

-------------------------------

The Apollo is being used for professional Multi-Camera Shoots, by a major network in the United States, and is working extremely well and saving the crew and post a great deal of time.

There are two choices available:

1. The Apollo unit, which provides the dedicated 4 + 1 Channel support.

And

2. The Apollo Option for those with an Odyssey7Q or Odyssey7Q+.

This is an extra cost firmware option for the Odyssey7Q and Odyssey7Q+ which adds the features of the Apollo to the Odysseys.

Please note that the Odyssey7Q+ has additional features that makes it a better choice for the Apollo Option, due to the hardware differences between the Odyssey7Q and Odyssey7Q+.

If one is using HD-SDI cameras, up to HD-SDI 3G, or HDMI cameras, up to 1080p30, then the Apollo Option will work fine with the Odyssey7Q.

We will be adding more features to the Apollo and Apollo Option soon, so please stay tuned.

Respectfully,