Apollo audio & 4K issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old March 7th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Apollo audio & 4K issues

Is SDI B Out meant to have audio inbedded in it it? - and if not could it please be added.

Was trying to play out a recorded switch the other day and we were getting no audio when using SDI B Out. After a while changed to SDI A Out and no problems.

Did a few more tests with live switch and recorded files - no audio on SDI B out but audio on SDI A out. This wouldn't be such a headache if the outputs could be assigned but B is stuck as the Live out and A is the quad view.

Also haven't managed to get a 4K signal to show up on the Apollo - Have tried Blackmagic Production Cam 4K by SDI, JVC LS300 via HDMI and Panasonic GH4 via HDMI. All work as HD but switch to 4K and nothing.

Apollo version 2016.01.1312
Old March 8th, 2016, 08:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Apollo audio & 4K issues

Dear Rohan,

Thank you very much for including the firmware version that you are using.

That helps us in determining the problem.

Please upgrade to our latest firmware, 2016.01.1336, which is available on our website.

This will definitely solve the HD-SDI B missing audio issue.

I will be happy to personally help you get 4K to work with our Apollo or Apollo Option for the Odyssey7Q or Odyssey7Q+.

I will be posting, shortly, information about all of the new features in our latest firmware.

(And, of course, we are working on a firmware release with additional features.)

My best number to call is:

Seven one nine ---- nine three zero --- one three seven six

(I am in the United States and I take support calls 24/7 every day of the year)

In case I am unavailable, our support team's phone number is:

Seven two zero --- two two one --- three eight six one.

They are located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, Mountain Time and they work normal business hours.

Respectfully,
Old March 8th, 2016, 04:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the quick reply Dan - all sorted

Audio is now on SDI B out

Can now see and record UHD from JVC LS300 (HDMI) & Blackmagic Production Cam (SDI) - not that I'm planning to mix those cameras on a shoot. Took a while to get this to work - turns out cables were at fault. The only ones I could get to work were the (short) ones that came with the Apollo, none of a van load of cables would deliver a clean 4K stream, might have to update my kit.

Like the way dual 4K switches - would be nice to have this option when only using two HD cams.

cheers
Rohan
Old March 9th, 2016, 09:08 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Dear Rohan,

When using HD-SDI 6G, 6G cables with 6G BNC connectors are necessary, as you found out.

Quote:
Like the way dual 4K switches - would be nice to have this option when only using two HD cams.
I think I understand what you mean. Where you can see a full size A image with the B image as a Picture-in-Picture. And you can tap the PIP to make it full size.

If I do understand what you mean, please stay tuned for our Dual HD Recording Option.

Respectfully,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey