Nnovia vs Firestore for JVCHD110U? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders

Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Formerly known as nNovia QuickCapture QC A2D2 other nNovia products.

Old February 13th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Nnovia vs Firestore for JVCHD110U?

I have 2 Citidisc HDV 100gb drives for my JVC camera.

And I hate them, with all of my heart.
I grow tired of those wonderfull 8 minute clips, you know, the ones with dropped frames that I was told would never happen.
I also hate how after 2-3 hours the drives decide to just stop recording, even though there is plenty of power, and space on the drives.

So I am looking for a new DTD soloution. I was looking into the Firestore for my JVC camera, when I was pointed to the Nnovia QC120 for HDV.

From what I was told by the rep, the Nnovia will record say 4 hours non stop, one big file. I dont care if it is a M2T file, as I use MPEG Streamclip to convert for FCP, however a 720P30 QT file would make me even more happy.

So, the Nnovia QC120 from what I am told is the only NTFS drive soloution out there, which is where I get the non "8 minute" clips.

Is this true?
Anyone have the Nnovia, what about the firestore? how do the 2 compare.
I plan on using a AB gold mount kit to keep from using external batteries like I do with the Citidisk. How does the gold mount do for energy consumption do? will I loose say 45 minutes off of the AB batts if I go that route?. I need more details than what I was given with the CD drives.

I need some stories here, these things are not cheap and I allready spent XX amount on all that Citidisk crap as it is.
Jim Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Need A D2D with analog component input

Does this exist? Want to output from a switcher using analog component into a D2D to have a hard drive based recording. Looking for a least 3-4 hours...

Jon
Jon Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Snyder
Does this exist? Want to output from a switcher using analog component into a D2D to have a hard drive based recording. Looking for a least 3-4 hours...

Jon

Try this thread. They are trying to do this while trying to avoid the more expensive HD SDI solution.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=86267

Hope this helps.
Dave F. Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 01:48 AM   #4
Inner Circle

a chasecam has analog input, but it records on compact flash not on HDD and with mpeg2 , not DV.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders