DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/datavideo-dn-xx-series-recorders/)
-   -   nNovia Deck with Canon XH-A1 camera and Sony Vegas - .m2t problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/datavideo-dn-xx-series-recorders/477193-nnovia-deck-canon-xh-a1-camera-sony-vegas-m2t-problems.html)

Chris Coxon April 19th, 2010 07:37 PM

nNovia Deck with Canon XH-A1 camera and Sony Vegas - .m2t problems

Hi. I'm still having problems with my nNovia QC Decks (Datavideo DN-10 Recorders) when in HDV mode.

The .m2t files are unusable in Sony Vegas, dropping audio, video stopping abrubtly, vegas freezing etc.

Looking at the footage that does import, it seems that the audio drops / video stopping usually occurs just after a corrupted (visible artifacts) frame on the timeline. So perhaps the nNovia footage gets corrupted, then screws up Vegas?

Does anyone else out there use a nNovia + Vegas workflow?
Perhaps its my canon cameras causing the problems (XH-A1s)? Or is it Sony Vegas?

Has anyone used the DataVideo / nNovia Final Cut Pro utility for converting the .m2t files to .mov?
Does that play nicely with FCP?

Can ANYONE send me the FCP utility software? (Link on the nNovia website just generates errors).

My QCDecks are stunning devices, but I am incredibly frustrated that they are crippled in HDV mode, and would love to find out why.

Thanks!

Chris.

PS currently trying to talk to nNovia / Datavideo about these problems.

Chris Coxon April 26th, 2010 04:50 PM

nNovia .m2t issues solved...

Datavideo / nNovia provided a firmware update that seems to have solved all my .m2t HDV issues.
.m2t footage imported from the nNovia QC-Deck (Datavideo DN-10) now works flawlessly on the Sony Vegas Pro timeline.

All corruption, all software crashes now gone, all seems to be working prefectly.

Bill Warshaw May 4th, 2010 05:19 PM

I too have problems with the QCHD with my Canon XHA1 & XHG1 in Vegas. Sometimes I get clean files, other times I get files that only show up as a handfull of frames long, but the file is over 10GB in length. These files play ok in Cyberlink PowerDVD. I upgraded my firmware a few months ago, but it didn't seem to help at all. I shoot HDV 24p on the Canon cameras.

When I get one of these bad files, my solution is to run HDSplit on it, which results in 2 or more files, take the main (big) split file and then run it through TMPGEnc to first demux and then remux the audio&video. This almost always corrects the problem and Vegas then recognizes the file properly.

I recently did a test of an almost hour long taping using the QCHD DV Control enabled and the XHA1 DV Control enabled. I did not have a tape in the camera, and when I hit the record button on camera the QCHD detected this and immediately went into record mode. The files produced by the QCHD imported into Vegas without any issues. I did this on a total of 8 recordings and they all imported fine (a first for me).