New firmware release DN-60 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders
Formerly known as nNovia QuickCapture QC A2D2 other nNovia products.

Old February 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #16
Major Player

You'l need too name the file "flash.bin" (remove quotes) and it works.
I struggled trying to figure out why my new DN-60 would sometimes record and sometimes not (I'm not a fan of the manual) and finally discovered that after switching the unit off it wouldn't record into a bin that already had clips in it. If I switched to another bin no problem. I installed the new firmware and the issue is gone....unless it loses power (no batteries or unplug power cord) and then it's back to the same issue.
Randy
G. Randy Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Wozniak View Post
Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend. I have Transcend 400x 32GB and a Pretec 567x 64GB cards. Neither one would work with playback. I tried NTFS and FAT32 with both. When I rolled the firmware back, playback worked.
Ken you right, My old clips SD files (prior to firmware update) played well. not HD
Bin centric and clip centric playback modes wouldn't play HD files. SD files playback bin centric and clip centric play properly.

Here Link New Upgrade Firmware: Result HD playback wouldn't play.
DN-60 DV/HDV Field Recorder
Ras Dashn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I tried the firmware update again, and it will not play back HD video. I have not tried SD video, because I don't shoot SD anymore. HD clips transferred and played fine on my PC.

Regardless, rolling the firmware back restored full functionality. I'll just wait until Datavideo finishes polishing the new firmware release.
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Re: New firmware release DN-60

I found a new link for the latest firmware:
http://www.datavideo.us/files/DN-60_2011_01_31.zip
Although this shows up as the same firmware revision as the one linked in Ras Dashn's original post on this topic, it unzips with fewer files than the one Ras links to.

This zip file also contains different instructions for installing the firmware. No file renaming is necessary:

1.Empty the current or all bins
The DN-60 is primarily a capture device, as opposed to an archiving device, and it is best to start out with a fresh CF card. Emptying (erasing) ALL bins will not only clear the CF card at once but it will also conveniently reset the file system.

2.Updating the Firmware
To update the DN-60’s firmware, take a CF card that has undergone the MAKE MEDIA FILES process with FAT-32 file system option selected, and then connect it to your computer via a CF card reader. Copy the firmware update file to the root directory, level where all bin folders appear, the file is named flash.bin. Next, insert the CF card in the DN-60 and Go to TOOLS MENU and select the UPGRADE FIRMWARE option and follow the instructions.

WARNING: Once the ERASE FLASH option has been selected, DO NOT turn power off until the firmware has been updated. If the update is prematurely ended the recorder will be made inoperable.

Following the instructions, I am now able to get bin-centric playback of my media files! All is not perfect, however. There is a gap between clips when played back in bin-centric mode, and the "green frame" is still there at the end of each clip. Bummer. This, of course, is with HDV footage. I have not tried - nor do I intend to try - SD footage with the new firmware.
Old April 4th, 2017, 03:32 PM   #20
Tourist

Re: New firmware release DN-60

Have a nice time of day, friends.
I had trouble - the U2 chip stopped working.
I do not have access to support.
But I have a programmer and a new microcircuit and knowledge for repair.
Help please with a copy of your U2 chip.
I'm also not sure about the correctness of the data in the microchrome V8.
If someone can send me a memory dump of V2 and V8, I'll be very grateful to you.
Sorry for my english, helps me google translator.
Alexandr Kucherenko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Datavideo DN-xx Series Recorders