Correctign extreme shakes in Deshaker at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:08 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Correctign extreme shakes in Deshaker

I've got a clip into VirtualDub as a Lagarith file, and applied the two passes of the deshaker effect. However, the actual observable effect is minimal. The amount of correction required is about 30% of the frame, yet it seems to be cropping 1% at best. The border is hardly visible and the video is shaking just as obviously.

The plan is to get it to stabilize the image and have large borders and crop into the new shot in Vegas. Can anybody advise me what setting I should use for major correction of a 1440 x 1080 1.33 pixel ratio shot?

Cheers,

Rob,
Robert Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Ahh, just figured it out, set the motion smoothness settings very low, or -1 for a virtual locked down camera.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Actually, im still confused with this. If I set the smoothness to any value that isn't -1 then there is no stabilization apparent in the output video at all.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers!

Rob,
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I set motion smoothness to 10000 on all but zoom and get a lovely steady look. This info page might help..

http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...aker_guide.htm

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects