switchin between AE7 & APP1.5 time remapping at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old November 8th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

switchin between AE7 & APP1.5 time remapping

Is there an easy way to "copy and paste" clips between Premiere Pro1.5 and After Effects 7...So that I can take a clip from Premiere, put it in AE and apply time remapping, and then put it back in my Premiere timeline. Any suggestions or feedback would help. Thanks.

Ryan
Ryan Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #2
Regular Crew

That's CS2, right? (I forget the individual version numbers...)

I'm running a long render right now, so I can't check, but my gut answer to the question would have been a simple, "yes." I'd expect copy/paste to work just fine: it may be matter of having the right panels active when the commands are issued. If you've tried and been disappointed, I may be wrong about that...

Search the Ppro help for "Dynamic Link," as that may lead you to an even better result.

Another way to go is to run AE and "open" (a copy of, if you're paranoid) the Ppro file. This will import one or all of your sequences into AE layered composition(s), and add the assets to the AE project. Find your clip in project asset listing, create a new comp for it and render it out when you're done.
Andrew J Morin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects