Any real difference between "true" 24p and Magic Bullet 60i/24p conversion? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Any real difference between "true" 24p and Magic Bullet 60i/24p conversion?

I'm real sick and tired of performing reverse telecine on my Canon HV20 24p tapes. Is there any real difference in quality between "real" and magic-bullet 24p from 60i stock?
Brian Boyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 12:18 AM   #2
Trustee

Yes, shutter speed cannot be changed by MB or any other program. When you shoot at 30fps you usually have a shutter at 1/60 of a second. This creates a sharper image with less motion blur than using the shutter at 1/48 of a second, the standard speed for 24fps. Also a progressive camera will capture more details than an interlaced one. This is one of the reasons why I rather shoot at 720p than 1080i. Many times the results you get with a truly progressive, 720p, camera are more detailed.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM   #3
Major Player

You can always get a third party plug that will give you nice motion blur in post.
Plus you should not shoot at 30p ...but do it at 60i (though the HV20 does not have 30p anyways).
Ian G. Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects