Timur Bekmambetov at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old March 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Timur Bekmambetov

OK...

How the H*ll does he do it?

Wanted, Nightwatch, Daywatch...

I need some answers!
Melvin Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:16 AM   #2
New Boot

I assume there's a question in there, that somebody understands???

Please explain WTF you're talking about.
Frank Hardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

He does it with lots of practice and lots of trial and error.

I read an interview as he is a country mate of mine, he started small studying angles and effective storytelling through media in commercials and music videos. Hi earlier films weren't that good and the Watch series of books has inspired him to do something great.

He shot it on a 4 and a half million dollar budget using a well known Moscow VFX company to help with the effect driven vision also deriving inspiration of imagery from the greats of todays cinema world. I saw some Johnathan Glazer in there from "Rabbit in your headlight" as well as anime inspired things as well.

He got that contract for Wanted after he sold Night watch to Fox Searchlight. The budget is huge, the actors are well known, and here it's pretty much clear on how he did it...lot's of experience and planning and cold hard cash, oh yeah and the RED One of course....couldn't do without :)

But remember he's not a young lad so he's had his share of failures just worked hard I guess. I don't particularly enjoy his work but he is what he is, an exciting director who can create stunning action flicks that make a lot of dough for big film studios.
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects