DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Digital Compositing and Effects (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/)
-   -   Locating an animated background/overlay/lowerthird! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/digital-compositing-effects/116919-locating-animated-background-overlay-lowerthird.html)

Mike Rinkunas March 13th, 2008 12:06 PM

Locating an animated background/overlay/lowerthird!

not sure where to post this...

I recently picked up a client where i'm producing a cooking show. Several episodes were produced already, and the client wants me to match the current graphic style. The animated background, overlays and lower third all look like they are from a canned solution. An example of which is below:

www.mrproductions.org/ChickenCasserole.wmv

Now I picked up this project since my client was unhappy with the previous work done and there were issues in terminating the relationship, so I really don't have an option to track down the company to ask "gee, where did you get that background?"

Any ideas who produced these items and where they came from? I could replicate them via photoshop & AE, however I'd rather use my time more efficiently on other work by purchasing an of the shelf solution.

Please help!
~Mike

Martin Pauly March 13th, 2008 12:52 PM

Check out the video section on iStockphoto - do a search for "background" or "animated background" and see if they find something that's close enough.

Otherwise, what I saw in the video looks like it should be easy to create with a tool like Apple Motion; I am sure other tools (for PCs) can create the same...

- Martin

Mike Rinkunas March 13th, 2008 01:51 PM

Martin,

Not a bad idea, I paged though Istock, while some things are somewhat close, I need to replicate all three items, the overlay, background and lower third. So no luck there.

~Mike

Paolo Ciccone March 13th, 2008 03:36 PM

Take a look at DigitalJuice.com, they sell extensive libraries of animated BGs and they have a browse feature on the webpage. You can also download the free Juicer software and browse the library in a more organized way.

Mike Rinkunas March 13th, 2008 04:46 PM

Paolo,

I've looked through the current offerings of Digital Juice and it doesn't seem to have come from them. Although, their original editors toolkits are no longer listed so i can't see what is contained in each of those sets. Any way to find out what is in each library without having to purchase each one on e-bay?

~Mike

Yossi Margolin March 13th, 2008 06:05 PM

It's from Digital Juice Editors Toolkit 10, superset 250

Gabe Strong March 15th, 2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yossi Margolin (Post 842157)
It's from Digital Juice Editors Toolkit 10, superset 250

What he said. I actually have that Toolkit and have used that exact superset on some video before. I recognized it instantly when I saw it.

Mike Rinkunas March 15th, 2008 03:53 PM

Now the trick is finding a copy of ETK:10 for sale. None are listed on E-bay.

Anyone want to part with theirs?
~Mike

Martin Pauly March 17th, 2008 02:39 PM

Isn't this what you are talking about? Or are you trying to get JUST the set 10 for less money than the full package?

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products...ts.asp?pid=346

- Martin

Mike Rinkunas March 17th, 2008 08:48 PM

Martin,

It looks like Digital Juice stopped selling the original editors toolkits. They only have the 'Pro' kits listed for sale on their site now.

I've got some leads on the animated set, however nothing is completely secured yet.

~Mike

Martin Pauly March 18th, 2008 12:03 PM

Mike,

I must still be missing something... The Pro Kit that I saw (see the link in my previous post) seemed to consist of five of the original kits, including the #10 one. Am I misinterpreting that?

- Martin

Mike Rinkunas March 18th, 2008 12:16 PM

Martin,

My understanding of things is that the original toolkits are no longer in production and these toolkit pros have replaced them. They use a similar numbering scheme, however the content in each is structured differently then the original ETK's. None of the content provided in the original toolkits has been replicated in the ETK Pro sets.

I have the current set of ETK pros (save for the just released volume 5) and while the colors may look similar in ETK Pro 010, it is very different from ETK 10: superset 250.

~Mike

Martin Pauly March 19th, 2008 12:03 PM

OK, now I get it. Great naming/numbering system...

- Martin

Lisa Bennett March 20th, 2008 01:45 PM

Hi,

Wish I knew of someplace. I'm interested in finding some designs myself.

BTW, anyone know what animation software is normally used by companies like Digital Juice to produce such images?

Best,
Lisa

Martin Pauly March 20th, 2008 04:21 PM

Just a thought: has anyone given the guys at Digital Juice a call to see if they'd sell something from their archive? It's not like they have to jump through a lot of hoops to do it, we are talking about putting some data on a DVD or CD-ROM.

- Martin