moving mask vertex's after the fact... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old April 21st, 2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Major Player

moving mask vertex's after the fact...

I am animating a pain in the butt mask around a character, got about 7 seconds frame by frame to realize I missed a part. I tried going back and editing it...but a moved vertex on lets say second 3, will not stay moved since it was not orignally done.... it snaps back to its key-framed position on the next frame since thats where it was when it was key framed. Is there a way to make it stay in the moved spot for the duration of all keyframes following where I need to change it? So from 3 seconds to 7 seconds it would adjust to be in the new spot...I don't want to start over :\
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Undo the added mask-point, and 'fix' the missed portion using a new mask. Watch what you set the new mask's mode to, the right mode-setting will depend on the settings on the original mask. It's actually much easier to multi-mask some things: human bodies are complex shapes, I tend to make a mask for each long-bone (forarm/hand, upper arm, torso, head, etc) and track them all individually.
Andrew J Morin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects