Conduit vs. DVMatte Pro for less-than-perfect greenscreen removal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old June 10th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #1
Tourist

Conduit vs. DVMatte Pro for less-than-perfect greenscreen removal

Hello everyone!
I like to play around with greenscreen removal, but never seem to get the perfect lighting situation and end up with lighter and darker shades of green in my video.

This is no problem for DVMatte Pro Studio 3 in Motion. Using the color pickers to select the lightest and darkest shades, I can remove almost all of the green, then using the sliders in DVMatte Pro to fine-tune, I can pull a pretty nice key.
Now, I'd LIKE to do the same in Conduit, but can't seem to get the same results. All of the instructional videos on the dvgarage website have subjects shot against an ideally-lit greenscreen. But since my greenscreen has some shades to it, I always get messed up when trying to work with it in Conduit.

I guess my question is, how to get the equivelant of the "high" and "low" shades of green that I can pick in DVMatte Pro, in Conduit?
Rob Kleindienst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects