Keylight blocky render nightmare at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Keylight blocky render nightmare

Hey all,

I have looked everywhere to this solution!!!

When I apply Keylight in After effects it crops the image in quarters and flickers the keyed background at random times.... Its doesn't matter what it is rendered out as and shows up in Ram preview as well. arrrgghhh!

This is extremely frustrating especially when they release a professional keyer then don't supply any support for this problem, which allot of people have..

Does anyone have any solutions to this Keylight bug.

Im running
32 bit Vista
intel 6700 dual
3gb ram
8600Gt

cheers
Blake Raidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Blake,

Keylight doesnt deliver for me. I'm using greenscreen all the time and the plug in that delivers clean keys for me is Primatte from redgiant.

It has a feature that removes blockiness from HDV footage.

A lot of other features too many to mention.

Red Giant Software: Visual Effects Plugins for Digital Video

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks for the tip, I downloaded the trial and had a play. Its very simple to get solid keys, I'll have to put it on the workstation wish list though. I can't see my boss splashing out $600 for a keyer at the moment.
Blake Raidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Regular Crew

When Keylight flakes on me, I've worked around it by setting the output mode to "Matte Only" and then using that as a track matte on a second copy of the footage layer. My theory is that these problems stem from the color-correction end of things, which gets bypassed with the above trick.

Slightly simpler is setting the output to 'intermediate result,' so you may want to try that as well.

Both tricks require further key-processing, but you get the 'good' part of keylight and then have the freedom to tinker further with the key.
Andrew J Morin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects