Good flower pedal particle maker? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Good flower pedal particle maker?

I tried using Ulead Cool 3D which had pedals built in, but they look terrible. I am looking to make some pink pedals float down past the camera. I guess I am looking for a good particle generator that gives alot of options, and a pre-made pedal generator if such a thing exists. I`m hoping to get them floating and twirling. Thanks
Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You can do this kind of thing easily in most real 3D applications like Lightwave, Maya, Cinema 4D etc. Not sure about standard compositing apps/plugins that are inherently 2D with some 3D stuff grafted on.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Try Particle Illusion. Great program and it has a ton of template/libraries that can be used as is or adapted for your specific project. I remember flower petals being in one of the (free) libraries.
Hope this helps.
Ken
Ken Plotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Major Player

hmm i don`t have any 3d software, nor was I ever good at it by any stretch. Is particle illusion a stand alone? Or a plug in for AE? I tried Particular and the options are very limited

*edit* Ah a 30 day free trail with no limits....nice. I guess PI is alot bigger than I remember when I first heard about it years ago
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #5
Inner Circle

wondertouch: home of particleIllusion

Particle Illusion is standalone (although an After effects version has been promised for years!) and very good at what it does. Yes, I think there is a petal preset or two in there but whether you'd want to buy it just for that is another matter. Check out the gallery and try out the demo.

Alternatively, how about filming some petals against a green screen and compositing them into your project? ArtBeats has some stock footage but it ain't cheap: Artbeats - Search Results
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Do you want them to just float down past the camera, or do you also want them to pile up on something - like maybe coat the ground.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #7
Major Player

they will be floating down through the frame, asian cinema style

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects