After Effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old November 15th, 2003, 02:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

After Effects

As I understand it, after effects has some pretty sweet keying tools, or at least better than Premier. I've played with it and have gotten some good results as dictated by the preview. However, my question is with exporting. I am doing a documentary and am using interviews with a greenscreen background, but when I try to export the final product, it always comes out jumpy...Why is this?
Old November 15th, 2003, 02:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

What do you mean by 'jumpy'? Also, what compression settings (if any) are ya using? I normally export uncompressed unless I'm previewing something :)
Steve Withers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2003, 02:44 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Maybe you got lower/upper field settings mixed up.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #4
Regular Crew

You could also be rendering at draft quality, which would make everything appear quite a bit more blocky than it otherwise would. Coupled with out of order fields would probably result in quite a crappy looking video.
Jon Yurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 10:44 PM   #5
Major Player

How are you playing back the exported video; how is it jumpy? Often if you have a large file and you're trying to play it back in something like Windows Media it will appear to skip as if you're playing it off a CD because WiMP can't buffer huge files.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects