Bond Girls at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old April 13th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Bond Girls

What is the best way (with the easiest learning curve) to make a negative image effect, like the ladies dancing in the beginning of james bond movies?
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Trustee

With what? It'll be easier to give specific instructions if we know what software you're using.

Fundamentally, shoot the girls against a green screen. Key that footage against whatever you want to use for the foreground and background layers. There's a few ways to go from there and knowing what's in your toolkit will generate the best guidance.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 05:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

This isn't the bond girls, but might get you started...

Make Your Own iPod style Photo | Effects, Photography, Tutorials | Photoshop Lab
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel View Post
With what? It'll be easier to give specific instructions if we know what software you're using.
I'm editing with FCP.
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Trustee

Thread drew me right in...

Here's how I would do it, it works in my head at least.

Shoot in front of greenscreen with normal exposure, then key out the green leaving the dancing (naked) girl. After that replace the background layer with trippy 3D graphics and such. Then apply filter(s) to the keyed layer of the girl, perhaps blowing out the image to white.

I suppose you could export that layer out, then use a luma key to replace the white body image with whatever funky moving patters you wanted to.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:26 AM   #6
Major Player

it depends on which movie you are referring to, but several bond girls are slowly moving around while images are projected onto their skin. A video projector and a dark room and you can reproduce this effect.

For the keying, shoot on a colored wall, chromakey then use the invert of that as mask for whatever "girl shaped trippy effects" you want to use. Be sure to place the greenscreen footage one layer above the trippy effects and apply the invert matte to the effects.

The good bond openings are a combination of the keyed ladies and the projected/crazily-lit ladies... and with newer bonds thats also mixed with lots of 3d graphics.

hope that helps.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #7
Contributor

in motion you can pull the key and then apply the colorize/tint effect to the resulting layer.

My iTunes Spec commercial:
Meteor Street Massive - Out Loud Spec iTunes Commercial on Vimeo
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #8
Major Player

I found the answer to my own question. It's pretty basic in after effects by using masks and backgrounds. Now I just have to find 10 or 20 incredibly beautiful girls to let me film them!
Old November 11th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #9
Trustee

Well that would be the most challenging part of this technique, wouldn't it?
Colourama in AFX would be another easy way to do this, it would give you simple Black and white which could be keyed either way.
Gerald Webb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects