Magic Bullet doesn't work in 3 different NLE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old July 17th, 2009, 05:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Magic Bullet doesn't work in 3 different NLE

I have
Adobe Premiere Pro
AE CS3
Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0

My system:
AMD Phenom 8450 Triple Core
2 GB of Ram
GeForce 9600 GT 512MB
Plenty of HD space

When I use it in Vegas and hit the EDIT button it gives me '...an Open Gl error occured while attempting to load the frame (Fragment shader at -1:)

I'm not sure why it won't work. The tutorial video on Red Giants site looked like it was an easy to use color corrector but if I can't get it to work on ANY of the NLE's then I'm open to other suggestions.

First though, any thoughts on why this is happening?

ETA: After pushing the EDIT button multiple times I sometimes get a frame to work with. The affect looks as though it's been applied but when rendering it doesn't and the image is all black or red...
Jason McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Regular Crew

According to the Red Giant Host Application support page - Sony Vegas Movie Studio isn't supported. Only Sony Vegas 7 and Vegas Pro 8 [and Pro 9 unofficially] are somewhat supported. You should note that you're using the consumer version of Sony Vegas [Movie Studio] not the prosumer version[s].
Laurence Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Scott View Post
According to the Red Giant Host Application support page - Sony Vegas Movie Studio isn't supported. Only Sony Vegas 7 and Vegas Pro 8 [and Pro 9 unofficially] are somewhat supported. You should note that you're using the consumer version of Sony Vegas [Movie Studio] not the prosumer version[s].
OK...so after some serious messing around, downloading and installing drivers etc, it still will not work with Adobe After Effects CS3 which from my research, it should.

It gives me an error message (Something about an OpenGL error, shader -1) and if I continue to hit the edit button it will eventually let me edit with MBL...BUT when I render it out it comes up all black. There is no video, no sound...nothing.

Is there an alternative to MBL that would still be simple to use?
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Go to Red Giant Software to see if there's an update to your MBL. I believe there was one when Premiere hit CS3.
David Merrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Major Player

I downloaded the newest version (Trial) and it won't work. It gives me the same errors.
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #6
Major Player

is your video card supported (i know, stupid question, just making sure)?
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Calla View Post
is your video card supported (i know, stupid question, just making sure)?
Not a stupid question, I had to update my cards drivers before mine was supported. And even then it was just barely. Also, I emailed Red Giant support and they got back to me pretty quick and fixed the problems I had. Mind you, they're probably quicker when you've purchased the software, than if you're trialing it.
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #8
Major Player

hmmm...

from past experience, Magic Bullet can be temperamental but support for me was ok. keep in touch with the red giant guys. Its seems like a vid card problem.

Once MB works though, its great!
Old August 20th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Trustee

This is Magic Bullet Looks, latest version 1.2, yes? Not Editors? If so, I can confirm it works with CS3 with a 9600GS 512MB, in both XP32bit and XP64 bit.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects