cinelook on Adobe after effects 6.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

cinelook on Adobe after effects 6.0

how do I use the cinelook on after effects 6.0, I use premiere all the time but I have no clue about after effects any help would be awesome
Kyle Kauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:08 AM   #2
Major Player

it's a filter... I think it works in premeire as well... open a new after effects file... import your footage (one clip>?) drop it into the timeline. Make sure it's highlighted in the timeline and go and apply the cinelook filter it will provide you controls in the filters window. tweak at will... you may want to change the preview settings to higher quality frame but maybe at 25% while you mess around to speed things up. Then increase frame size to make sure and finesse settings... cue the clip up to a key scene and begin there... when you're done export to quicktime and drop back into premeire...

let me know if this works... I've been thinking about cinelook but don't want to drop the bucks on it. Hoping that Magic Bullet will work with FCP soon.
Josh Brusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:30 AM   #3
RED Problem Solver

Josh, you can always try my Film Effects in FCP - it does the 24p, the DV chroma-upsampling, film dissolves, film flashes, and has lots of presets. It's native FCP also. www.nattress.com

Graeme
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:48 AM   #4
Major Player

have a before and after of G nicer? Nice stuff!
Josh Brusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM   #5
RED Problem Solver

I don't have an image up, but that's what the demo's for! You can try it yourself and see what a difference it makes. It's a slow, but intelligent algorithm that does indeed make a difference - makes 4:1:1 look about 4:3:3.

Graeme
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:40 PM   #6
Regular Crew

thanks I'll try it when I get home from work
Kyle Kauss is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects