A short stabilization demo - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old December 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Okay I got it, you're right, two filters were being applied against each other, here's the part I was missing, after configuring for the second pass, on my version you have UNCHECK the pass one box, they'll both appear and the default has them both checked.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM   #32
Inner Circle

You are configuring for the second pass incorrectly. When the first pass is done, give me the EXACT steps you are taking to do the second pass.
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM   #33
Inner Circle

menu>video>filters>add>deshaker>ok>click Pass 2>ok>uncheck pass 1>ok(>0)>save as
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:08 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
menu>video>filters>add>deshaker>ok>click Pass 2>ok>uncheck pass 1>ok(>0)>save as
Yep,

That's where the error is.

Menu> Double-click Deshaker > Click Pass 2 button > Ok > ">0"

You are adding a second filter to do the second pass, and that is unnecesary. You use the same filter to do both passes.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:45 AM   #35
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
Yep,

That's where the error is.

Menu> Double-click Deshaker > Click Pass 2 button > Ok > ">0"

You are adding a second filter to do the second pass, and that is unnecesary. You use the same filter to do both passes.
Thanks so much for the help Perrone, you're a true asset to DVinfo.
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM   #36
Major Player

I am testing out a very small file, 78.1MB video file, deshaked and save the output to larith AVI codec resulting a 1.18GB that is a huge file. I am thinking, hack, it better just try to shoot good video to start with. Avoid this insane huge file and take a long time to deshake it.
Bruce Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Phung View Post
I am testing out a very small file, 78.1MB video file, deshaked and save the output to larith AVI codec resulting a 1.18GB that is a huge file. I am thinking, hack, it better just try to shoot good video to start with. Avoid this insane huge file and take a long time to deshake it.
Yep, and yet people still shook shaky video. And camera manufacturers still install image stabilizers in lenses, and people still refuse to use a tripod or other camera support.

So...

BTW, if you think Lagarith makes large files, try uncompresed HD. When you encode uncompressed HD, you get a good sense of how much data your camera codec is throwing away so that you can fit an hour onto a little card.
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #38
Regular Crew

I feel stupid asking this question, but I have scoured the net and just want this stated to me in black and white. Is Vdub Deshaker available for Mac platforms or not? If not I suppose this could be a reason to install Windows?
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #39
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Elkins View Post
I feel stupid asking this question, but I have scoured the net and just want this stated to me in black and white. Is Vdub Deshaker available for Mac platforms or not? If not I suppose this could be a reason to install Bootcamp?
It is not. There are numerous free utilities like this on the PC platform that are not available on Mac. Some cost money, others are simply not available.
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #40
Regular Crew

OK, thanks. So is it compatible with Win 7 or do I need to go Vista?
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #41
Inner Circle

Quote:
OK, thanks. So is it compatible with Win 7 or do I need to go Vista?
I've run it on XP, Vista, and Win7 just fine.
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Can't find Deshaker 2.4

Anyone know why I can only download Deshaker 1.9.8 when there is a version 2.4 available? I have tried numerous times with the same result. I am downloading from here:

http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

Anyone have a better link?
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #43
Inner Circle

Quote:
Anyone know why I can only download Deshaker 1.9.8 when there is a version 2.4 available? I have tried numerous times with the same result. I am downloading from here:

http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

Anyone have a better link?
Does the one you downloaded have the rolling shutter compensator? If so, you've got the latest one.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #44
Regular Crew

It has a check box for the rolling shutter, but I cannot set a percentage. Also, file says 1.9.8.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #45
Inner Circle

Cannot set a percentage. That's odd.

Don't worry about what the file version says. The rolling shutter stuff wasn't added until the latest version.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects