Will this workflow keep good quality? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old February 18th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Will this workflow keep good quality?

Hey Everyone,

Ive got a large project (around 10 hours of footage) that i need to edit down to 5 separate videos, each being around 2 - 5 mins. The footage is half interviews, done against green screen, that need to be keyed. And half B-roll footage that will be used when the people hit a relevant topic.

I'll need to export the project for the web and DVD. I shot everything on a Panasonic HMC150, at 720 30P. Here is how im thinking of editing:

- Bring AVCHD files into Adobe Premiere Pro CS4

- Edit down to a rough cut

- Export the sequence as cineform from PPro. (the footage is converted through the same process and quality as if it had been done through HDlink right?)(can i use TMPGEnc 4.0 Express for this export?)

- Import that cineform file into After Effects CS4. Do all color correction, grading, text, effects, and green screen keying.

- Export from After Effects as Cineform

- Import back into PPro for any final tweaks

- Export Cineform file from PPro

- Convert to web and DVD formats using TMPGEnc 4.0 Express (was told this was better than exporting to web and DVD straight out of PPro.

I didnt use Dynamic Link between PPro and AE in this outline because many people have told me it is unstable on larger projects.

It seems like my process requires me to export and import a lot, but ive been told working with a rendered file is much easier than trying to import a sequence from PPro into AE or anything like that. Im new at all of this stuff though so please feel free to give me any recommendations. Thanks!

- Shawn
Shawn Whiting is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects