lacking in the motion graphics, what are some good learning tools? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects

Digital Compositing and Effects
After Effects, Shake and everything else.

Old May 25th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Major Player

lacking in the motion graphics, what are some good learning tools?

Im pretty good editing, but really need to learn motion graphics, and im not sure where to start. I have CS5 master Collection.

any videos on a good place to start? I know AE basics, but thats about it, great in photoshop and premiere.

thanks
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:43 PM   #2
Major Player

There are lots of sites that have copious AE tutorials...

I'd Google 'After Effects Tutorial' and you'll likely have more sites than you can possibly visit...many of them are product manufacturers so I'll refrain from mentioning any specific names in case they aren't advertisers here.
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Major Player

I know what you mean. Great with editing. My Motion Graphics/FX graphics are lacking. Seems you need those skills more and more now a days.

If you find anything good, please let me know.
Denny Lajeunesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #4
Wrangler

For After Effects anything by Chris & Trish Meyers. And also Software training online-tutorials for Adobe, Microsoft, Apple & more
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #5
Major Player

I'm working through their "After Effects Apprentice" book. Not to bad so far but I just started it.
Denny Lajeunesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #6
Trustee

videocopilot.net - Andrew Kramer - he is sort of an AE God (and he created the tv show 'Fringe' intro's). Tutorials are FREE.

Lynda.com/TotalTraining.com - where I learned the basics for AE & Premiere

FXPHD.com - once you have moved past the basics, this site is amazing. (I am currently enrolled in AFX 207 - AE From the Archives, AFX 211 - The Open (best class ever) & EDT202 - The Edit)
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Can't recommend FXPHD highly enough!

Great thing is that you also get free access to lots of very pricey software via their VPN license server - only restriction is that it isn't for commercial use. But for learning, this is a wonderful way to getyour hands on full (not demo) versions and find out what works for you. I can justify the cost of the courses just on the ability to use lots of software for my personal projects.

Oh year - the courses are great too!
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Major Player

aetuts.com is another good one

Heres my delicious links too jeremyhughes77's after_effects Bookmarks on Delicious
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #9
Regular Crew

OK like you, i was good at premiere and photoshop but needed great titles and the odd lightsaber battle so needed to learn AE.
First of all videocopilot.net is where you start. best place. although some of the later tutorials you need plug ins like the trapcode series etc.
next would be maltaannon. by kerzy drozda juniour.great site great tuts.that will keep u busy for a long time.
Maybe type in AE tuts in google and there is plenty of pages with '301 greatest AE tuts ever' type of thing.
Brian Manning is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Digital Compositing and Effects